Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 10:27 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,845,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
FWIW - There is very little Uranium left in the processed ore because there was very little to start with. Mine tailings are a cheap aggragate and it was probably the town council's idea. Not that it is such a great idea. They could have used coal ash which is usually even more radioactive.
Sorry, but there is too much evidence to indicate that mine tailings are not a hazard.
"Because the milling process renders many of the isotopes in the tailings highly soluble, they can be washed into streams and water tables by rain."

"In fact the NRC has attempted to present long-term calculations for New Mexico tailings-gas emission levels in such distant locations as Los Angeles, Chicago, Miami, Washington, D.C., and New York City.[45] NRC staff member Reginald Gotchy told us that despite its short half-life (3.8 days) radon gas from a tailings pile in New Mexico can carry to the East Coast of the United States."

"Dr. Robert O. Pohl of Cornell told the NRC that the potential health effects from mill tailings could "completely dwarf" those from the rest of the nuclear fuel cycle and add significantly to the worldwide toll of death and mutations."
Plenty of references here:
Findings on Uranium Tailings Verbatim Quotations from Official Documents prepared by G. Edwards, Ph.D., 1996
Findings on Uranium Tailings

Uranium Milling and the Church Rock Disaster
Chapter 9: Uranium Milling and the Church Rock Disaster, "KILLING OUR OWN", 1982
I can find no reliable verifiable reference that can really convince me that mine tailing are safe....

Rich

Old 04-04-2009, 04:07 PM

4 posts, read 8,659 times
I find this story very interesting and understand where this guy is coming from. 13 bodies is alot of bodies... makes ya wonder about all the talk of underground bases and such..wich would make sense why the black helicopters would chase off the observers.... Hey E anything else a little suspicous going on in the town?? How convient that all 13 bodies were either hookers or drug users...

Old 04-04-2009, 10:04 PM

65 posts, read 246,657 times
According to my sources, when the bodies were discovered a black helicopter soon arrived with high ranking members of the Trilateral Commission.
The bodies were then whisked away to an unknown location.
A cover story was invented about prostitutes etc.

Old 04-05-2009, 12:36 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,470,929 times
Its interesting if this is a serial killer that he returned to the same spot to bury his victims and a spot I assume he did not own or have any reason to have privacy. Seems kind of balzy.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:32 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,733,154 times
Nothing like a good conspiracy to liven up a slow day on the forum. Have you heard the one about Obama's birth certificate?

Old 04-06-2009, 03:23 PM

3,557 posts, read 10,227,920 times
Of course we all know that the Mayan Calendar has something to do with the killings.

Future Tom Hanks movie in the making.

Old 04-07-2009, 06:44 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,845,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Its interesting if this is a serial killer that he returned to the same spot to bury his victims and a spot I assume he did not own or have any reason to have privacy.
It appears that at the time of the burials, 4 to 5 years ago (?) that area was isolated...

Rich

Old 12-29-2009, 04:29 PM

23 posts, read 53,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeful transplant View Post
Is this post for real? or are you just trying to start a major scare tactic?
I can't believe for a minute that any of this is true. Especially when you start in on the 'multi million dollar homes' with the Land Rovers, Harry Winston diamonds, homes in the south of France.......and all that nonsense, Come On! I am speechless. New Mexico a third world? Whew, where does all this get created? If you look at the victims that some of them are believed to be, listen to the families and the heartaches that they have been going through, seaching for their loved ones for several years. Look at the history and life styles of them, just where on earth have you come up with this crap about the Hanta virus or such? Scaring people about the wind and it's particles, especially with the wind the way it is right now. Leukemia strikes people of all ages and lifestyles. It doesn't matter if your 3 or 73, that's just the way it is. So, a 'robust man of 38' doesn't matter, that's the cards he was dealt unfortunately.
Shame on you.
Your naivete is showing. If you're planning to move out here, you need to do your research.

1. Millionaires are plentiful in Santa Fe and have beaucoup diamonds, Land Rovers, multi-million dollar homes and art work. Have you even been here? It's readily apparent...or look at the homes on the real estate sites.

2. Bubonic Plague IS found in the high deserts, not just of New Mexico but surrounding states as well. Any veterinarian can inform you about this, as all of us who have pets have learned. Bubonic Plague is carried by the fleas that infest the mice and rabbits that are endemic in the high desert. The mice also carry Hanta Virus. And the mice infest houses. The stories about Hanta Virus in New Mexico have made all the national media...it's no secret. Search around...you'll find the information.

3. The story about water and soil contamination in Los Alamos is not surprising at all, given the history of the place.

It all comes with the territory. Maybe you should reconsider!!

Old 12-29-2009, 05:05 PM

23 posts, read 53,236 times
The original poster (Gustavsen) tries to imply that the deaths of the people in the desert (probably illegal aliens...or drug gang-related deaths) had something to do with plague or Hanta Virus. Or winds from Los Alamos. This is just nonsense. Gustavesen needs to take up a new career as a screenwriter in Hollywood.

Bubonic plague and Hanta virus are facts of life in the desert.....and not just in New Mexico, contrary to what he writes.......so there is no conspiracy afoot. These diseases exist in all the desert states. They are carried by the fleas that infest the desert mice and rabbits. He needs to do his research. A bunch of people don't go out into the desert and die of plague. Please. But the wives and families and children of drug gang members are routinely slaughtered by rival drug gangs. This is common in the border towns from Texas to California.

Back to Santa Fe.....all future Santa Fe residents should learn about this envioronment before they decamp to this place. It IS different. Certain things come with the territory...and they're not all good things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe