Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 08:53 PM

332 posts, read 1,038,242 times

Advertisements

Here's a chart of Santa Fe's average snowfall. I think you're going to be ok ;-]
SANTA FE 2, NEW MEXICO - Climate Summary

Old 01-04-2010, 05:35 AM

96 posts, read 315,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by santafescribe View Post
Here's a chart of Santa Fe's average snowfall. I think you're going to be ok ;-]
SANTA FE 2, NEW MEXICO - Climate Summary

(((((santfescribe)))) THANK YOU....whew...now I can smile again

Old 01-04-2010, 12:48 PM

293 posts, read 974,029 times
Tonilee - if you don't love snow, then be careful which part of Santa Fe you move to. The eastern foothills gets a lot more than 17 inches most years. One of our neighbors has tracked snowfall for 20+ years. I think he said he's averaging 28 inches.

Just FYI...

Old 01-04-2010, 02:21 PM

3,011 posts, read 10,049,292 times
I know last year (our first year here) we got over two feet just at Christmas. (We're southeast of the city in Eldorado.)

This year we have had far less, just a few snowstorms of 4 or 5".

So it varies a lot from year to year, I think.

But Tonilee - I lived near Ann Arbor in the late 70s -- and our weather here is nothing like Michigan.

It snows, but then the strong sunshine in the thin air seems to melt it faster.

Old 01-04-2010, 04:19 PM

2,140 posts, read 6,488,069 times
There you go, not much different from Colorado Springs! Snowfall can vary hugely from year to year.

Of course, Corrales is both warmer and drier than SF and CoS.

Old 01-04-2010, 05:55 PM

3,011 posts, read 10,049,292 times
I love our weather here.

Warmer and drier doesn't appeal to me. Most people I know who live here do so because they like the climate more than warmer parts of NM.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:57 PM

1 posts, read 2,319 times
I have lived here six years and have yet to have anyone try to have a political discussion with me, let alone an "in your face one". Not sure why you are attracting this.
It is a town with many facets and not as simple as it might appear. That you have had the kind of experiences you have and question if it is the right place for you, tells me it's not. The person who suggested AZ probably hit the nail on the head.

Old 01-11-2010, 02:03 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,174,681 times
I just came back from visiting Santa Fe for the very first time and I absolutely loved it! I tagged along with a buddy of mine who actually grew up there...we flew in from LAX and stayed at his father's house on one of the streets off Old Santa Fe Trail east of El Gancho. It was great having my buddy as a tour guide since he was able to drive all around and give me an interesting perspective on the city and the surrounding areas. We did park and walk all around the downtown area and the Railyard district and I was very impressed. Ate great food, saw impressive artwork, witnessed beautiful sunsets, met friendly locals, had a very relaxing outdoor bath at Ten Thousand Waves (LOVED it), and all-in-all had one of the best 4 day vacations ever. So good, in fact, that we're thinking of buying some acreage near his father's land in hopes of one day building and moving there full time!

You all are very lucky to call Santa Fe home, and unlike the original poster, everyone I met was friendly and very welcoming! Can't wait to return over the next few months!

Old 01-12-2010, 06:38 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,962,444 times
The subject of this thread is: Really want to love Santa Fe...not so sure about this place

If you have any questions regarding moderation you can send me a DM.

Please insure that you have read the Terms Of Service (TOS) and FAQ:

Terms Of Service
Frequently Asked Questions
https://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/3...deletions.html

Thanks in advance.

Rich

Old 01-12-2010, 12:21 PM

96 posts, read 315,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesantafe View Post
I have lived here six years and have yet to have anyone try to have a political discussion with me, let alone an "in your face one". Not sure why you are attracting this.
It is a town with many facets and not as simple as it might appear. That you have had the kind of experiences you have and question if it is the right place for you, tells me it's not. The person who suggested AZ probably hit the nail on the head.
So glad Rich decided to re-open this thread...what a nice guy! At any rate, wanted to respond to your message and thanks for posting it!

"Not sure why I'm attracting this...in your face political discussions." Lol- yes...I'm going to look at that; it really must be me and something that I am doing wrong!

Please don't tell me to move to Arizona
'tho as mentioned, we will be visiting there in May '10...so, we shall see.

Can't wait to see my husband's reaction to the place. As mentioned, he LOVES Santa Fe!

Thanks again for the thoughtful reply!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe