Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 08:47 AM

3,763 posts, read 8,748,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernjedi View Post
Hey guys thank you for your help. But as of today, we are not moving to Santa Fe after all. Hubby got a call yesterday with an offer to work in Colorado. So we're very excited to leave this dump they call Austin. It's an ok city for some people but not for us. It's a disaster. You thought you had problems in Santa Fe? It's nothing compared to Austin.

But what's brightening our outlook is that we'll be driving through Santa Fe to enjoy it for a couple of days on our way north. We'll be eating at Maria's and all the other places you recommended. As we speak I'm taking out my elastic pants so I can eat....and then eat some more! Green chiles here we come!

Best to y'all
Towanda, you didn't hijack the thread since southerjedi thanked everyone,said they were moving to Colorado instead, & said adios LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2010, 12:41 PM

5,548 posts, read 16,075,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernjedi
The thread I started here about jobs has now become
a discussion about hospitals. ... starts talking about
something else that really doesn't help me at all.
That's because the original topic was exhausted.

Originally, posters asked for more clarification so that they could help pursue
the original topic, but after the OP, only silence and one Austin-bashing post.

There was nothing more to say so we started talking about stuff that we
wanted to talk about more.

Old 05-23-2010, 02:44 PM

107 posts, read 273,987 times
Towanda, no offense intended towards any of the nurses at St V's. They are wonderful. The ER was overworked and understaffed the night we went- only 1 DR on duty and his hands were very full. We were there 6 hours and saw him for no more than 3-5 min total-hence my gripe. But understandably there could well have been much higher priority cases to deal with that night. And it's wonderful to hear that they pulled you through such a dire emergency.

Old 05-23-2010, 03:52 PM

3,011 posts, read 10,024,515 times
I guess the main thing we all need to be aware of is that practically every single emergency room / ICU / hospital in the country is understaffed and under tremendous pressure. I would daresay most of them are doing the best job they can do under really grim circumstances these days. Then we hear that up to 45% of doctors may leave the profession under the new health care law. That is a terrifying situation if it comes to pass.

Old 05-27-2010, 08:21 AM

529 posts, read 1,325,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernjedi View Post
The thread I started here about jobs has now become a discussion about hospitals. I love this forum...starts talking about one topic and starts talking about something else that really doesn't help me at all. lol

Oh well...

It's kind of like that game I played as a kid where the first one in the circle would whisper something in the next kid's ear and so on and so forth and at the end the whispered phrase was totally different! Except that you can read what people are writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe