Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 04:39 PM

879 posts, read 1,953,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachymom View Post
I hear they make a mean Philly Cheesesteak at Eat In And they deliver!
is it really a cheezewiz situation though? i'd like to try one...i really would
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2010, 05:17 PM

477 posts, read 987,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnanner View Post
is it really a cheezewiz situation though? i'd like to try one...i really would
No cheezewiz that I saw. I watched an episode of Man vs. Food in Sarasota and the guy was throwing on slices of white cheese. Hope it was provolone...

Old 06-23-2010, 05:44 PM

1,498 posts, read 3,465,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachgns View Post
That's it - I'm not moving to Sarasota if I can't get good Chinese takeout! :-)

Combine that with no good Philly Cheesesteaks & it becomes a Foodies' nightmare.
FOODIE = Chinese & Cheesesteaks? LOL!!!!!
Coach if you cant find a good cheese steak you are doing something wrong. Try the 420 Cafe in Sarasota, I dont have the addy offhand but you can look it up online.

For the OP, there is no good chinese food here that I have found, its all crap buffets. The Jo To steak house use to be good, been years since I have been in there, but years ago it was a good meal. Japanese though.

Old 06-23-2010, 05:52 PM

477 posts, read 987,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Winter View Post
Coach if you cant find a good cheese steak you are doing something wrong. Try the 420 Cafe in Sarasota, I dont have the addy offhand but you can look it up online.

For the OP, there is no good chinese food here that I have found, its all crap buffets. The Jo To steak house use to be good, been years since I have been in there, but years ago it was a good meal. Japanese though.
Old Man Winter, that's the same place that I was talking about in my post above. For some reason the address came up as "Eat In"....but when you click on it, it is definitely 4:20.

Old 06-23-2010, 06:12 PM

1,695 posts, read 3,044,850 times
Quote:
I hear they make a mean Philly Cheesesteak at Eat In And they deliver!

I notice they use AMoroso bread! That's the KEY to a good Philly Cheesesteak. And Sirloin instead of SteakUms. REAL! ANd, of course, I want mine with WIZ - they way they're supposed to be.

YUMMY!!!

And I'll be in their delivery area! Can't wait to try them!
And if Adam Richman likes it, it's gotta be good!

Old 06-23-2010, 06:12 PM

879 posts, read 1,953,577 times
Quote:
No cheezewiz that I saw. I watched an episode of Man vs. Food in Sarasota and the guy was throwing on slices of white cheese. Hope it was provolone...
ok, I'm in!!

Old 06-23-2010, 06:18 PM

A REAL Philly Cheesesteak uses Wiz. But lots of people put other types on it.
In Philly when you order, you have to tell them "Wit Wiz", or Wit American", etc. But Wiz is Where It's At!

Old 06-23-2010, 06:21 PM

1,498 posts, read 3,465,283 times
Coach if you are in their delivery area, you sir are in great shape ! If you order and like the cheese steak, on your repeat order please try the Fat Sandy, it is a perverbial heart attack on a bun, but if your a true foodie..... well we might just have our own man vs 420 contender. Hope you like the place coach they got a crazy menu

Old 06-23-2010, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Winter View Post
Coach if you are in their delivery area, you sir are in great shape ! If you order and like the cheese steak, on your repeat order please try the Fat Sandy, it is a perverbial heart attack on a bun, but if your a true foodie..... well we might just have our own man vs 420 contender. Hope you like the place coach they got a crazy menu
Love the menu! But I do think I'll skip the heart attack on a bun. That'll give my Cardiologist a heart attack!
Haven't moved down yet, but it's on my list of places to Dine when I'm in town.
Of course, Me Lady doesn't like that kind of food. So I'll do that when she is doing something else at dinnertime.

As for being a Foodie, I've found some restaurants in SRQ that are definitely on a par with what I am used to up here in NY & Philly. Love Michael's on East, Pino's, Pacific Rim, BoneFish, Selva, Broken Egg, Breakfast House & Yoder's, to name of few of our favorites. I was just talking last night with the Maitre'D at one of my fav restaurants up here on LI about restaurants in SRQ - He went there a couple of months ago & fell in love with the place & the food there. Hmmm - he's part of a restaurant group up here - mainly French places, but maybe I can convince him to open a Chinese place in SRQ. Yeh - that's an idea!

But am disappointed that no one has been able to say there is a good Chinese takeout in town.
Nor good Bagels (Not an Einstein's fan - but they may have to do).

Old 06-23-2010, 06:45 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,344,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyIsBabe View Post
Switch to Thai food; my personal favorite
We eat Thai once a week, seriously. Between Bangkok Thai and The Star, we have that covered easily. Not as fantastic as our dear, missed Thai Landing, on Charles St. in Baltimore, but pretty fine nonetheless.

We use both of these restaurants because each has strong points, but if you have to choose, go with Bangkok (it's on Swift).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area