Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2010, 12:09 PM

37 posts, read 80,959 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I have to get this posting figured out. I just lost all I wrote. Anyway, I'll be in Venice, Nokomis next week to look around at homes for retirement. I've sold my house and am in a temporary apartment up north and am getting anxious to make up my mind about where to live.
I am also looking at Sun City Center and have a realtor up there to help me. But no one in Venice, Nokomis area. Should I just make some appointments via the Internet or should I try to call one realtor to set up appointments? I was in Nokomis last winter for 3 months and loved it. I looked at a couple of places there with a realtor but didn't really like the places she showed me (and she was late ... really late ... for an appointment without notifying me).
Anyway, can you also explain exactly what Venice South and Venice Gardens are? Are they neighborhoods or actual communities.
Thanks, Lulu
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2010, 03:24 PM

1,008 posts, read 2,634,760 times
Venice Gardens is an old development just off Venice Avenue but has no community faciliities. Venice South is an area south of Venice with older houses and occupied more by families and workers than retirees
In Nokomis where I live there are many communities some gated, some not.

Old 07-18-2010, 04:16 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,918,024 times
Like Peter said, Venice Gardens has no community facilities but South Venice has a very small, optional HOA fee and you get the use of their private ferry that takes you over to the beach. There are approximately 7000 homes in the south Venice area. Most properties in South Venice are on well & septic and a typical lot size 80x100. South Venice is also home to Shamrock Park and it has it's own little community center.

Old 07-18-2010, 09:17 PM

1,439 posts, read 2,919,835 times
Sorry to correct the two real estate agents who posted above, but...

Venice Gardens does have a Community Center. It is called the Venice Gardens Civic Center at 406 Shamrock Blvd. It has a hall for events, meeting rooms and a large outdoor pool for neighborhood homeowners.

Venice Gardens also has the Venice Gardens Homeowners Association. It is a voluntary homeowners association, which addresses local issues, including the neighborhood lakes maintenance, neighborhood garage sale, etc.

Unlike South Venice, there are many more retirees (friends of my family) and less families with small children in Venice Gardens. Venice Gardens is on Sarasota County water and sewer, unlike South Venice which is well water and septic tanks.

Venice Gardens is an older community with most houses being primarily built from the early 1960s through the early 1980s. Venice Gardens is fortunate to have many lake side residences. It is a much smaller neighborhood then South Venice in size.

Unlike mentioned by a poster above, Center Road is the northern boundary with Briarwood Road being the southern boundary. The western boundary is US 41 bypass, and the eastern boundary is Jacaranda Blvd. (Houses nearer Jacaranda Blvd, are considered Venice Gardens by plat, and Jacaranda West by neighborhood association.)

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Col.W.Deering; 07-18-2010 at 09:45 PM..

Old 07-19-2010, 02:25 PM

1,498 posts, read 3,464,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Col.W.Deering View Post
Sorry to correct the two real estate agents who posted above, but...

Venice Gardens does have a Community Center. It is called the Venice Gardens Civic Center at 406 Shamrock Blvd. It has a hall for events, meeting rooms and a large outdoor pool for neighborhood homeowners.

Venice Gardens also has the Venice Gardens Homeowners Association. It is a voluntary homeowners association, which addresses local issues, including the neighborhood lakes maintenance, neighborhood garage sale, etc.

Unlike South Venice, there are many more retirees (friends of my family) and less families with small children in Venice Gardens. Venice Gardens is on Sarasota County water and sewer, unlike South Venice which is well water and septic tanks.

Venice Gardens is an older community with most houses being primarily built from the early 1960s through the early 1980s. Venice Gardens is fortunate to have many lake side residences. It is a much smaller neighborhood then South Venice in size.

Unlike mentioned by a poster above, Center Road is the northern boundary with Briarwood Road being the southern boundary. The western boundary is US 41 bypass, and the eastern boundary is Jacaranda Blvd. (Houses nearer Jacaranda Blvd, are considered Venice Gardens by plat, and Jacaranda West by neighborhood association.)

Hope that helps.
Thanks for providing the correct information Col.W.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area