Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 08:08 PM

1,938 posts, read 6,262,639 times

Advertisements

Any fun ideas for FREE things to do in Disney? I will be taking my daughter, 4. Looking for entertainment type things, music, animals--anything that may be fun for her. I heard Fort Wilderness has a petting zoo, what about the Boardwalk?? Nothing too far since Im not familiar with the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 09:29 PM

3,549 posts, read 6,664,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post
Any fun ideas for FREE things to do in Disney? I will be taking my daughter, 4. Looking for entertainment type things, music, animals--anything that may be fun for her. I heard Fort Wilderness has a petting zoo, what about the Boardwalk?? Nothing too far since Im not familiar with the area.
Downtown Disney is more shopping than attractions, but there are some that would interest kids. A giant Lego store, several Disney themed gift shops, etc. downtowndisney.com

Old 08-03-2010, 04:37 AM

165 posts, read 336,590 times
Quote:
Are you familiar with a site called DISboards? I have learned a ton of stuff about Disney from reading the many forums there. There's one board aimed specifically at keeping it all in the budget stuff and one aimed at families traveling there with children and lots of others. I think you would really find it helpful.

Old 08-03-2010, 02:52 PM

477 posts, read 987,408 times
Go to PassPorter.com - Walt Disney World, Cruise, Disneyland travel guidebooks, tips, planning, articles, photos, and information. It is THE best for anything Disney....It is well known that there isn't anything much free at Disney, but there is some insider information on that board. I LOADED up on the napkins...Sounds funny, but the kids LOVE using them throughout the year. The Boardwalk is fun..go at night!! you can take the boat across from there to Epcot or The Beach or Yacht Club. You can sit on the "beach" and watch the fireworks at Epcot...To get in the parking lots at The Boardwalk or Beach/Yacht Club, just make a reservation to one of the restaurants there. You can cancel if you want but any restaurant there is great!

Old 08-03-2010, 02:56 PM

It is SO beautiful there at night...beautiful lights everywhere reflecting on the water. I am just in shock right now thinking how close we are to that place now!!! AHHHHHH!!!! I'm dyin'!

Old 08-03-2010, 03:22 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,088,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachymom View Post
It is SO beautiful there at night...beautiful lights everywhere reflecting on the water. I am just in shock right now thinking how close we are to that place now!!! AHHHHHH!!!! I'm dyin'!
So, . . . I presume you love Florida!

Old 08-03-2010, 08:28 PM

481 posts, read 943,522 times
I second the PassPorter and if you can buy the book. We have one and it was great to take with us to Disney.

Downtown Disney is a good one to spend time at and not have to pay to walk around. If weather permits you can even let her take her bathing suit and at one of the main entrances (I think it is on the MarketPlace side) is a fountain water thingy that kids just love to run through. It's like a free little water park and I know people who have spent hourse just letting their kids run through the water.

Another good idea is to search what is going on at the hotels and you can take the monorail to the big three and walk around. The Polynesian has lady bug releases and the Grand Floridian is fun to walk around. The Animal Kingdom Resort is great and has literaly a free zoo. Wilderness Lodge is our hotel of choice and they have a great boat ride to the parks but who says you ahve to get off. Just enjoy the free ride. Also, they ahve the greatest walking and hiking trails. We saw deer once. Also, my fav. pool hands down, though the pools at New Orleans are fun for kids.

Also, the light boat parade you can see from the big 3 resorts and that is pretty cool.

Here is a secret way to get in for free parking at Magic Kingdom. If you go to the very far right side you can sya you are going to the Wildreness Lodge and they will let you in free. The just cut over to the Magic Kingdom parking lot.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:38 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,262,639 times
Im really leaning towards the Boardwalk- we are actually going to CocoKey resort- Im taking my daughter and my cousin is joining us while the men put in our tile. We will be at the resort on Saturday but will be heading to the Boardwalk after dinner..Will parking be a problem in their lot, it says they offer parking? And for taking the boat across to the fireworks, how early should we get to the beach?

Old 08-04-2010, 12:12 PM

913 posts, read 2,362,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedmom View Post
Here is a secret way to get in for free parking at Magic Kingdom. If you go to the very far right side you can sya you are going to the Wildreness Lodge and they will let you in free. The just cut over to the Magic Kingdom parking lot.
I have a friend who does this all the time. She said they now confirm your reservation.

Old 08-04-2010, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Im really leaning towards the Boardwalk- we are actually going to CocoKey resort- Im taking my daughter and my cousin is joining us while the men put in our tile. We will be at the resort on Saturday but will be heading to the Boardwalk after dinner..Will parking be a problem in their lot, it says they offer parking? And for taking the boat across to the fireworks, how early should we get to the beach?
We have only stayed at the Beach Club and Yacht Club resorts and family staying at the Boardwalk Hotel. We have never seen the beach area crowded for the fireworks. Most people go to Epcot to see them. You will be able to see them on the Boardwalk, as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area