Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2010, 10:20 AM

13 posts, read 52,364 times

Advertisements

Few questions regarding LBK since we are considering buying there soon.

1. Can anyone tell me what typical winters are like? I've been there in January when many mornings have been in the 40's. Is this typical? Is there a big difference in winter weather in LBK as compared to Naples?

2. Is LBK a good place to rent out our condo? We can't live there full time until another 3 years and would need to rent it out.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 10:29 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,262,125 times
I would say yes, the weather is comparable to Naples give or take a few degrees. Since Naples is a bit further south, its just a tad warmer. NO- I would say 40 is not typical, the last winter we had here was VERY VERY cold, I would say a cold morning would be closer to 50. Weve been here 4 years, and have seen some very cold winters that is not typical from what we are told. January is the coldest of the months though so keep that in mind too. Your typical winter should be cool, with colder evenings and mornings with an average temp of around 60. The fall is my favorite time of year with an average close to 70.
I don't think you will have any problem renting out your condo on LBK. Just check prices on the internet and be competitive. People are looking for the best kept secrets!

Old 08-06-2010, 12:08 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,920,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Re2360 View Post
Few questions regarding LBK since we are considering buying there soon.

1. Can anyone tell me what typical winters are like? I've been there in January when many mornings have been in the 40's. Is this typical? Is there a big difference in winter weather in LBK as compared to Naples?

2. Is LBK a good place to rent out our condo? We can't live there full time until another 3 years and would need to rent it out.

Thanks!
There's not too much difference between the weather on LBK and Naples. Anything below Tampa will be much more tropical than north of Tampa-the frost line runs right under the Tampa area. We don't see very many cold freezes in the winter.

This past winter was unusually cold. The average low temp in the winter is in the low 50's and the average high is in the low 70's.

Many condos have rental restrictions. Make sure that you read the condo docs very carefully so you know how often and for how long you can rent your condo.

I lived on LBK as a kid on the north end and love it.

Old 08-07-2010, 07:51 PM

209 posts, read 452,592 times
A really cool place - the village. I just don't think my dog and I would care for the loco peacocks! I saw some of the vids on YouTube where they attack the cars (seeing their reflection) -- those amazing and funny!

Old 08-07-2010, 07:57 PM

209 posts, read 452,592 times
Oh - btw RE2360, I wasn t living here this past winter, but i did not seen any dead palms this spring on LBK, which i understand a lot were lost on the mainland. My neighbor said the water (bay, gulf) kind of insulates and keeps us a bit milder (3-4 degrees maybe??) in the temperature dept.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area