U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2010, 01:46 PM

475 posts, read 833,974 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone. I just arrived in Sarasota last week and I am looking to rent a condo in Palmer Ranch area. I remember someone(probally SoFlGal) mentined a way to check and make sure a property wasn't in trouble before you sign something .Can you help?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2010, 02:49 PM

7,511 posts, read 21,400,954 times
Just so you know, I post many of the "most popular answers" up on my blogs

Here it is:

One helpful tool is Google Maps. You can pull up an address and then click on "street view" and literally "walk" down the street. It's pretty cool, especially when doing an initial check of a neighborhood.

You might want to start with craigslist.org or stringermanagement.com. Even Coldwell Banker has some decent rentals on occasion. There are a lot of rentals right now so you shouldn't have any problem finding something. Just make sure the owner is not in foreclosure. To do this go here: Sarasota Cnty Property Appraiser look under "property search" and then "real property". Type in the address of the home. Once you have the owners name(s) look them up on the clerk of the court website and make sure they don't have a lis pendens (pre foreclosure) on the property. SARASOTA : Clerk of Circuit Court & County Comptroller Look under "online services", then "official records" then scroll to the bottom of the page and do the "I agree" paragraph and then type the owners name in. This should help you avoid any unpleasant surprises.

Here's the info on Palmer:
Arielle: 2 and three bedrooms coach homes built in the mid 2000's, Prices are from $239,900-$279,900. There are 5, no foreclosures

Botanica: on Palmer Ranch: 172 luxury condo styled apartments. Prices are from $294,500-$359K, there are 4 condos-no foreclosures.

Bella Villino: Gated, 2/3 bedrooms resort like low rise condos. Prices are from $69K-$230K, there are 19 condos, 0 foreclosures

Country Club of Sarasota: Gated, single family homes. Prices are from $229K-$550K, 8 properties, no foreclosures

Deer Creek on Palmer Ranch: 285 acres, 400 luxury homes, private and guarded gate. This is one of the original communities at Palmer Ranch. Prices $229K-$985K, 21 properties, no foreclosures

Huntington Ponite: Single family homes. Prices are from $295K-$349,900, 4 properties, no foreclosures

Marabella: 139 single family homes and villas, gated community. There are currently no properties in here for sale but a few months back here's how it looked. Prices are from $199-$499K, 5 properties, no foreclosures

Mira Lago: Mediterranean style, 180 single family homes and villas, maintenance free living. Prices from $269,900-$289,900, 3 properties, no foreclosures

The Palisades at Palmer Ranch: 43 maintenance free and single family homes. Prices $325K, 1 property, no foreclosures

Palmer Square: Mediterranean style maintenance free coach homes and town homes. Prices $311-$365K, 2 properties, no foreclosures

Pinestone at Palmer Ranch: Maintenance free condos. Prices $139,900-$241,777, 11 properties, no foreclosures

Plaza De Flores: 200 Mediterranean style condos. Prices $145K-$185K, 5 properties, no foreclosures

Prestancia: This is probably one of the more upscale developments in Palmer Ranch. Two championship golf courses. Prices $245K-1.295 mil, 30 properties, no foreclosures

Serenade on Palm Ranch: Affordable Condo community. 1, 2 and 3 bedrooms. $64,900-$188K, 9 properties, no foreclosures

Silver Oak: There are 181 single family homes here. It is very upscale and probably one of the nicer developments in PR. Prices $498-$997,110, 11 properties, no foreclosures

Stonebridge: Single family homes with preserves and lakes. Prices $315K-$449K, 5 properties, no foreclosures

Stoneybrook Golf & Country Club: Has single family homes, villas and condos. 18-hole golf course. Prices $189K-419K, 900, 47 properties, no foreclosures

The Hamptons at Palmer Ranch-Is comprised of three subdivisions and has from two bedrooms homes up to executive homes. Prices $279K-$599K, there are 7 properties, no foreclosures

The Isles-Is a DiVosta community. Single family homes, villas and townhomes. Prices $189K-$449K, 8 properties, no foreclosures

Turtle Rock-751 single family homes and villas. Executive and estate homes. Pool, recreation building, canoeing, tennis courts, bike paths. Prices $295K-$799K, 14 properties, no foreclosures

VillageWalk on Palmer Ranch-1,177 townhomes, villas, and single family homes. 500 acres. It's like a small town. Prices $224,900-515K, 31 properties, no foreclosures

Vintage Grand-One, two and three bedroom condos. Prices $54,900-$176K, 24 properties, no foreclosures

Wellington Chase-Single family homes. Prices $295K, 1 property, no foreclosures

Old 08-09-2010, 03:28 PM

475 posts, read 833,974 times
Thanks again SoFl, I will check your blog next time. You and so many others have been such a great help. My kids and I are loving just being here and look forward to having some fun in the near future.

Old 08-11-2010, 06:08 AM

33,336 posts, read 52,836,829 times
I guess you mean "no foreclosures" currently
surely there have been foreclosures in Palmer Ranch in the past 2-3 years?

Old 08-11-2010, 11:45 AM

204 posts, read 554,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I guess you mean "no foreclosures" currently
surely there have been foreclosures in Palmer Ranch in the past 2-3 years?
I was wondering how that indicator worked, too. I'm sure there are plenty of homes in those areas in Lis Pendens status, but that can be foreclosure limbo as long as you can spar with the banks.

Apparently there's one strong tactic that gets used to delay banks- a real estate agent presents a "viable purchase contract" to the judge who stays the foreclosure for an extended period. Nevermind whether or not the purchase goes through. Rinse and repeat. I've seen this one firsthand while shopping around for investment possibilities. One home I've looked at has been in serious distress since 2007, but they keep managing to put off foreclosure.

HHH
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area