Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 08:43 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,100,783 times

Advertisements

Sorry - posted by mistake!

Last edited by gypsychic; 08-11-2010 at 08:44 AM.. Reason: Never mind - made a mistake!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2010, 09:55 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,343,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnanner View Post
I'm not complaining! just commenting. Past FL summer experience i've usually seen the nice days with rain in the afternoon. i was surprised to find the round-the-clock rain for days in a row. Reminds me of June on Long Island. Usually pours the whole month!! lol
I definitely didn't have you pegged as complaining at all.

I don't know, I sort of like all this rain in a way.

Call me crazy.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:32 PM

879 posts, read 1,952,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
I definitely didn't have you pegged as complaining at all.

I don't know, I sort of like all this rain in a way.

Call me crazy.

i actually like it too but i have bored kids, cooped up dog and work-at-home husband lol It's getting a little crazy in here!!

Old 08-12-2010, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnanner View Post
i actually like it too but i have bored kids, cooped up dog and work-at-home husband lol It's getting a little crazy in here!!
Yeah, yesterday was a little excessive.

Anyway, no reason to be inside right this second. It's gorgeous out.

I wonder how I'll hit my 7 iron today.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:03 AM

6,864 posts, read 12,069,407 times
Rain during the rainiest month of the year in Sarasota, WOW! As per the weather page in the Herald tribune 9.43" The last 10 years [August] have been below normal rain fall, so when we approach a normal amount, newcomers to the area think it's abnormal.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
Rain during the rainiest month of the year in Sarasota, WOW! As per the weather page in the Herald tribune 9.43" The last 10 years [August] have been below normal rain fall, so when we approach a normal amount, newcomers to the area think it's abnormal.
When I lived in St. Pete from '01-'05, it seemed to me that there would be a half hour of rain daily in July and August, but that would be about it. This strikes me as a lot more than that, and I wonder if it is this area as opposed to that, or if it is just an anomaly.

While we all appreciate your crack meteorological research, I'm sure that the inference that all noobs to the area are just plain dumb is probably not necessary. Should someone have come in and posted "Cranky local tries to alienate newcomers to the area...SHOCKING!" ?

If you're tired of reading such stupid posts, why open the thread?

Old 08-12-2010, 09:48 AM

204 posts, read 628,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
It's summer which is rainy season. The rest of the year it can go weeks without any rain at all.
Only weeks without rain...it sounds heavenly! Even though in AZ we have a monsoon season it doesn't really do anything in the West Valley so it's been about a year since I have seen a storm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area