Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 04:04 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,084,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
thanks for the list
I am looking for a table that I can put a zinc top on for small breakfast area
I don't want to buy new, especially since zinc topped tables are mega$$
don't know if I will get around this time or not
still dealing with the paver projects

does anyone think there is big difference in what is for sale in second hand/thrift/consignment stores based on whether it is in/out of season...
Seems like last year right around May there was a ton of nice looking stuff on Craigslist for reasonable $
this year really disappointed in what is out there--
and not a thrift store shopper normally --
got a bedroom suite for guest room last year in July that was just what we were looking for (vintage, low queen headboard, faux bamboo) at store in Venice--but that was luck more than strategy or smart shopping...

Where do you find zinc to top furniture?
Hubby and I have a very old claw foot dinning table that needs a new top treatment. Had been vacillating between copper and granite. Zinc just became another option. I am thinking it would be much lower maintenance than copper. What kind of care taking does it need?

Here is the link to google images for zinc table tops. Real eye candy.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...90.45Bv22WnbT4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2014, 09:48 AM

1 posts, read 648 times
Default Beware goodwill!!!

I had been a lifelong Goodwill shopper until recently when I was told some very negative things about this organization, so I did some research on-line. Turns out that through a loophole in the law, they are able to pay many of their employees less (sometimes MUCH LESS) than minimum wage, while many of their executives rake in the big bucks. Check it out.

Old 11-27-2014, 10:56 AM

1,713 posts, read 2,333,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetsRScott View Post
I had been a lifelong Goodwill shopper until recently when I was told some very negative things about this organization, so I did some research on-line. Turns out that through a loophole in the law, they are able to pay many of their employees less (sometimes MUCH LESS) than minimum wage, while many of their executives rake in the big bucks. Check it out.
You mean the kid that foams at the mouth when you are greeted at the door? Big deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area