U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 07:39 PM

209 posts, read 426,183 times

Advertisements

Hi --anyone have a good/reasonable screen repair guy? I wanted to get at least two bids -- i am on LBK. Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 08:03 PM

96 posts, read 283,331 times
just wanted to bump this up. i need screening repair for our screened porches, too.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:21 PM

383 posts, read 966,494 times
Stay away from CRA in Venice , FL had a very bad experience with them, and still fighting to resolve issues 4 months later.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:27 PM

1,938 posts, read 5,989,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbum wannabe View Post
Stay away from CRA in Venice , FL had a very bad experience with them, and still fighting to resolve issues 4 months later.

Im looking for a good company also!!

Old 08-20-2010, 07:06 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,168,512 times
We have been here six months now, and were fortunate to get a great referral for a guy who can handle pretty much anything at a great price. I guess folks would call him a "handyman," but I think he's a cut above that title. So far, he has repaired/replaced the screens on the lanai, installed a privacy trellis on the lanai, installed two ceiling fans, repaired gutters and downspouts, replaced light fixtures (including an entire fluorescent fixture), moved a chandelier, installed window film (way harder than anyone would think), stained unfinished furniture, painted the master bath, repaired and/or replaced several sprinkler heads, and installed a cat door. He will always be exactly twenty minutes late, so he's like clockwork in that regard, and the price is definitely right. He's also a cool guy who you won't mind having around. He always brings our dog a treat, and brought me some beer-braised/grilled brats one day when I just happened to be starving. He'll drink a beer if you offer him one.

Anyway, because I do not want to break any rules here, I will not post his info. If anyone is in need of his information (which I highly recommend, obviously), go ahead and send me a message and I will give you his name and number. If it is OK for me to post this information, someone tell me, and I will come back and do so in its own thread.

I think in this economy it is always important to refer good people.

Old 12-29-2010, 06:56 AM

2 posts, read 6,551 times
Default :Handyman screen guy etc"

I have purchased a fixer upper in Venice and am in Great need of someone like your guy. Would you be so kind as to share his name and phone # with me. I need Help!!!
Thanks A

Old 12-29-2010, 07:00 AM

209 posts, read 426,183 times
Teubner -- I know a guy in Venice that did a lot of work for me on my home. I used him on several projects and I feel confident enough to give you his name. Just send me a direct message if you are still looking.

Old 12-29-2010, 08:41 AM

153 posts, read 272,046 times
Looks like there may be alot of work down there for a reputable handyman. hmmm

Old 01-11-2011, 06:34 AM

1 posts, read 5,162 times
Default contact handyman

good morning,
looking for someone who is creative and will try to repair our solar panels, though all companies so far want to sell us new ones ;-)
can you give us the contact of your handyman? we'd really appreciate it.
have a good day,
anja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
We have been here six months now, and were fortunate to get a great referral for a guy who can handle pretty much anything at a great price. I guess folks would call him a "handyman," but I think he's a cut above that title. So far, he has repaired/replaced the screens on the lanai, installed a privacy trellis on the lanai, installed two ceiling fans, repaired gutters and downspouts, replaced light fixtures (including an entire fluorescent fixture), moved a chandelier, installed window film (way harder than anyone would think), stained unfinished furniture, painted the master bath, repaired and/or replaced several sprinkler heads, and installed a cat door. He will always be exactly twenty minutes late, so he's like clockwork in that regard, and the price is definitely right. He's also a cool guy who you won't mind having around. He always brings our dog a treat, and brought me some beer-braised/grilled brats one day when I just happened to be starving. He'll drink a beer if you offer him one.

Anyway, because I do not want to break any rules here, I will not post his info. If anyone is in need of his information (which I highly recommend, obviously), go ahead and send me a message and I will give you his name and number. If it is OK for me to post this information, someone tell me, and I will come back and do so in its own thread.

I think in this economy it is always important to refer good people.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:37 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,168,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asmbradenton View Post
good morning,
looking for someone who is creative and will try to repair our solar panels, though all companies so far want to sell us new ones ;-)
can you give us the contact of your handyman? we'd really appreciate it.
have a good day,
anja
Sorry, I asked him and he said he doesn't know anything at all about solar panels and wouldn't be comfortable looking at them.

Best of luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area