U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2010, 08:52 AM

192 posts, read 473,955 times

Advertisements

Here's some interesting information on the Sarasota Real Estate Market for July. I know there are many people who come to this forum because they're interested in buying a home in the area. I hope this will help to get a handle on where things stand. It has for me! Can't argue with the numbers.

Jul-10 Quick Facts:
  • The median price of existing single-family homes decreased to $158,600 -14.7% vs Jun-10
  • Existing single-family home sales decreased -37.0% from Jun-10 for a Jul-10 total of 346
  • Condos decreased in price to $166,000 down -7.2% vs Jun-10
  • Existing condo sales decreased -22.7% in Jul-10 over Jun-10 for a total of 174
more info:

Housing Trends Sarasota and Sarasota Real Estate Market Update
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 10:47 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,135,220 times
For the time being, I am not considering stats at all. I think the Obama credit coupled with the number of foreclosures have skewed these traditionally-reliable numbers pretty dramatically, and I think we all need to wait and see exactly how all of that particular dust settles before we rush to any conclusions.

I mean, for instance, Zillow is showing my property in Baltimore as having appreciated considerably, and that's just plain wrong (as Zillow invariably is). Naturally, the city's assessment is laughably high, and naturally, I could find plenty of people who could tell me the property has only half the value reported.

Point is, the rules and guidelines are changing, and I for one wouldn't put much stock in stats for the time being.

I would have said this regardless of what the numbers looked like.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:48 AM

192 posts, read 473,955 times
Well, I guess some people CAN argue with numbers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area