U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 02:46 PM

879 posts, read 1,778,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRQ123 View Post
Oh, let the little ones enjoy their little power trips. Come on!

There exists an unexplainable HATRED for posts about vegetables, trust me. Someone must have been force-fed peas as a child.

I am no trouble-maker, but I am beginning to find it humorous.
Maybe it's because it's REALLY bad news here if you want nice veggies? Not even organic ... i just came from Publx in Nokomis and I am disgusted with the selection and price (the whole store!!) I realize how spoiled I was in NY But... i've heard the problem is in ALL of Florida, not specific to this area. *wahhh*

I literally threw my hands up and exclaimed "I give up!" when I saw a small bag of yellow onions for $5.99 (seriously - wtf???)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2010, 02:53 PM

15,964 posts, read 33,766,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnanner View Post
Maybe it's because it's REALLY bad news here if you want nice veggies? Not even organic ... i just came from Publx in Nokomis and I am disgusted with the selection and price (the whole store!!) I realize how spoiled I was in NY But... i've heard the problem is in ALL of Florida, not specific to this area. *wahhh*
Not so. I shop at my local farmstand, and get great stuff really cheap. Not always all organic but always local when available. All of the Amish stands will be good like this. Also, I have fantastic shopping on University Parkway - the Publix store up there is a flagship store - it is enormous, and they have an excellent selection of everything, including organic. I also have a Fresh Market and Super Target and these have great selections as well. I am really, really spoiled with this, it's the best shopping situation of anywhere I have ever lived (in Florida).

I am guessing pickings are a little slimmer where you are in Osprey since population is fairly small around there.

Old 08-30-2010, 04:08 PM

477 posts, read 905,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnanner View Post

I literally threw my hands up and exclaimed "I give up!" when I saw a small bag of yellow onions for $5.99 (seriously - wtf???)
We really have gotten nothing but great produce from our delivery service. And it is local and organic. The price is cheaper than going to Whole Foods so we've been very happy with it!

Old 03-01-2012, 09:27 PM

1 posts, read 642 times
*** Passion For Produce *** ..

A backyard aquaponic(fish and veggies) farm and buying club..focus is on locally grown whenever available. All produce is grown organically..some certified organic..no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers. Also wheatgrass and sunflower greens (both from cert organic seed).
Call Michelle 941-993-8993 if interested. Weekly list won't be current on website at this time. Check us out of Facebook as well under "passion for produce"

Old 03-02-2012, 06:40 AM

279 posts, read 516,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachymom View Post
The pickins' are slimmer this month, but I made a mean pizza from scratch with what I got from the Sarasota Farmer's Market ...yum!
Looks great, try fresh basil leaves instead of that parsley next time - i think it would go really well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area