Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 02:15 PM

1 posts, read 6,272 times

Advertisements

We are looking to maybe move to Grey Hawk on SR 64 in Bradenton but DH and I are concerned that there are so many houses for sale that have been on the market for years. We are wondering if there is something wrong with this development. Anyone have any insight that would be great.

Thxs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2007, 05:38 AM

49 posts, read 188,337 times
I think Grey Hawk is a wonderful neigborhood. Great especially if you have kids. You are probably seeing a lot of house for sale due to insurance and property taxes people can't afford. Many folks up graded based on the value of homes to continue to rise and now they are caught in the middle and upside down or just purchased a house out of their means.
From everything I understand from work the families at Grey Hawk love their neightborhood.

We have thought about looking out there a couple of times, but it always comes back to convenicene with my family to stay put for now in NW/W Bradenton.

Tropics

Old 01-19-2008, 11:06 AM
LSJ

1 posts, read 6,068 times
GreyHawk is a nice place to live, but not as advertised. We no longer have security patrols. Some people like to tell their neighbors what rules to follow, yet neglect rules themselves. They, however do not like to be reminded of the rules they are breaking. Too many dogs and cats are unleashed. It is not inexpensive to live here, but the resident must decide if it is worth the expense. Those are the negatives that come to mind. There may be more, but I can't think of them right now.

In mentioning the positives, the children are able to play outside without fear of danger. The neighbors are all very protective and the children feel secure. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else because the children's security means everything to me. There is always a guard at the gate. Visitors must sign in. The guard is always pleasant and helpful. The children can ride bicycles and scooters to the bus stop and secure them at the bike stands or trees. Their property will be there upon arrival home.
Residents can feel safe to walk or jog early in the morning or late at night. The children's waterpark/pool/workout room areas are nice. There are sportsfields through out the neighborhoos, as well as nature trails. The wildlife is wonderful to watch.

For me, the positives outweigh the negatives.

Old 01-19-2008, 10:06 PM

177 posts, read 257,525 times
Good because that is where we have just bought and we like it too!

Old 03-02-2008, 09:25 PM

P.S
I have yet to see unleashed dogs!
Beautiful area.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:35 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,261,014 times
I wish I could afford a home there-- I dont even think I could afford a garage..

Old 03-13-2008, 10:26 AM

21 posts, read 105,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Yankee View Post
Good because that is where we have just bought and we like it too!
Us too!!

Old 03-13-2008, 03:16 PM

Congratulations.it is a nice place.

Old 03-16-2008, 07:09 PM

21 posts, read 105,640 times
Quote:
Won't be living there until July but....I cannot wait!! It looks so beautiful!

Old 03-17-2008, 05:22 AM

657 posts, read 1,788,033 times
Quote:
as far as deed restrictions go.. what are they? are they strict with stuff like mailboxes being the same? number of cars in yard? can you wash your car in your driveway? i keep seeing houses i love in greyhawk.
i dont like to get to involved with neighbors.. no desperate housewives. lol
what kind of property can u get with homes? what are the fees?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area