U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2010, 10:20 AM

879 posts, read 1,759,877 times

Advertisements

It got hit parked in someone's driveway! lol they thought they could clear my van and drive around but BAM so... their insurance is taking care of it but I am a total newb and don't know which place to pick.

Anyone know Coast Cadillac or Sunset Chevrolet both on or near Bee Ridge Rd. ?

Those are the 2 closest of their preferred shops. I had a similar incident in NY and chose randomy, it was fine. Just want to know if there is any reason to chose or avoid one shop over the other.

thanks!!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2010, 01:20 PM

6,102 posts, read 13,624,051 times
Oh, Sorry to hear that! I am a tad too far south for you to travel to bring your car / van to get fixed, but I'm close enough now, so that I can real a fish in if one bites the line I have hanging off my dock right now!

Old 09-03-2010, 01:35 PM

201 posts, read 571,528 times
a Van ?? how old ?? I mean, it's a van so it's not like repairing a highline, so just about any body shop could fix it...

but one of the best in the city is Eldridges on Clark then Automotive Clininc on n 301........but then there are shops such as Sterling, a national chain that does adequate work/......even some Maaco's do good work.....

car repair around SRQ I know pretty well

Old 09-03-2010, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weisenheist View Post
a Van ?? how old ?? I mean, it's a van so it's not like repairing a highline, so just about any body shop could fix it...

but one of the best in the city is Eldridges on Clark then Automotive Clininc on n 301........but then there are shops such as Sterling, a national chain that does adequate work/......even some Maaco's do good work.....

car repair around SRQ I know pretty well
ok, MINIvan. it's a 2005 Nissan Quest.

hoping someone was familiar with the shops i listed

Old 09-04-2010, 02:36 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,322,410 times
Well, you listed 2 dealerships. Some dealerships might do light body work but I think most will refer you to an actual body shop. It just depends on whether you just need a bumper or a whole new front end

Our Cadi dealer put our TV headrests in & 3M bra but they wouldn't touch upgrading our factory grill to an aftermarket one. They referred us to a bodyshop to do it. Might want to call the dealerships & see what kind of damage repair they are willing to handle. If they don't want to do it, I'm positive they have shops they work with that they could refer you too. Honestly, I would call a Nissan dealer since your van is Nissan. They could have parts (if needed) much easier than a Cadi/Chevy dealer would.

Last edited by PixiStix; 09-04-2010 at 02:44 PM..

Old 09-04-2010, 03:24 PM

those are the 2 places the insurance wants to send me to and i am new here so unfamiliar with both.

thanks anyway everyone, i'll just cross my fingers and go with the closest one!

Old 09-05-2010, 11:13 AM

46 posts, read 83,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnanner View Post
those are the 2 places the insurance wants to send me to and i am new here so unfamiliar with both.

thanks anyway everyone, i'll just cross my fingers and go with the closest one!
What the insurance company wants is completely irrelevant. You, exclusively, have the right to chose the shop.

It is a minivan, so I assume it's transporting kids around. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, would be able to convince me to put anything other than Original Manufacturer's parts on the vehicle. So be assertive (just sayin' this based on my personal mistakes and experiences). But, since it's a driveway accident, I doubt the damage is that severe....I hope??

Anyway, to answer the question you actually asked , I have personally found the bodyshop at Cox Chevy in Bradenton to be great. The customer service may suck, but the actual work is great.

Old 09-05-2010, 11:20 AM

201 posts, read 571,528 times
Cox on cortez sucks...period...lousy repair on my Corvette...took it to corvette's West to straighten out their screw up..

Tropical collision center isn't bad, but not great either....the best is Eldridge on Clark..independent....and not dealer connected to rip you or the insurance company off...

Old 12-28-2011, 09:15 AM

1 posts, read 1,853 times
[quote=weisenheist;15766119]Cox on cortez sucks...period...lousy repair on my Corvette...took it to corvette's West to straighten out their screw up..

I second that - I had a horrible experience at Cox Auto Body in Bradenton - Geico told me to take my there after an accident. I didn't hesitate to go there b/c I had bought my car there, and had no problems w/ their sales and service depts. However, Cox Auto Body was a different story. They used junkyard body parts in poor condition and didn't even bother to prep them properly before painting. You could see all the nicks and dings where they just sprayed right over. They said they don't get paid enough by Geico to fix the damages in the used parts they were installing! The paint job they did was the absolute WORST 'professional' paint job I have ever seen. There was overspray and rough edges everywhere and you could easily see where they cut corners in the less obvious lower portion of the doors and fenders. There were visible drip marks and dimpled surfaces; I can say w/o that it looked nearly as bad as an amateur spray can job. They didn't hang the doors right either so the weatherstripping kept getting caught, plus they ripped the window tint film. The worst part is that when I complained about all these problems they were very rude and told me I was being overly picky! I will not be taking my car to Cox AutoBody ever again, and I doubt I will buy another car from Cox either.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:20 AM

547 posts, read 786,135 times
I would recommend Sunset Chevrolet. They did a great job on my wife's car. Same with her friends car. Neither were Chevy's. They appear to have the latest in paint and body technology too. A friend had a horrible experience with Coast Cadillac. They ended up repairing it three times to try to get it right. They never could get a paint match. It looked so bad he ended up trading it in. I have heard good things about Eldridge too. Our insurance promised a guarantee if we used a recommended shop, compared to a independent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area