Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 01:48 PM

118 posts, read 209,497 times

Advertisements

Sigh, you enjoy your poking fun at those who are pain, and when you are in pain hopefully others won't do the same or maybe not. Life's a ***** and so is Karma! You should be ashamed of yourselves, then again it's seems you have no shame. The day will come when Sarasota is as crime ridden, drug ridden, gang infested as next door Bradenton, just remember you had a chance to do something about it and you chose not to, the stats show that the majority of bass thugs that get pulled over have something to hide and usually drugs weapons or both. As for us, we tried and our conscience is clear, based on your responses, you don't seem to care so good luck with that!

Vibrating Illegal Booming Bass 24/7
Noisy Illegal Motorcycles 24/7
Noisy Illegally Modified Exhausts 24/7

We would rather live in a community that cares about it's quality of life than try to save one that doesn't!
END

Last edited by naturelovers; 10-09-2010 at 02:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2010, 02:43 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,677,035 times
I think the majority of people realize there are much more pressing issues in society than loud car stereos.. Are they annoying? Yes. Is it armageddon? NO

You are way over the top on this...a bit extremely obsessed I would say

Old 10-09-2010, 03:11 PM

481 posts, read 942,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturelovers View Post
Sigh, you enjoy your poking fun at those who are pain, and when you are in pain hopefully others won't do the same or maybe not. Life's a ***** and so is Karma! You should be ashamed of yourselves, then again it's seems you have no shame. The day will come when Sarasota is as crime ridden, drug ridden, gang infested as next door Bradenton, just remember you had a chance to do something about it and you chose not to, the stats show that the majority of bass thugs that get pulled over have something to hide and usually drugs weapons or both. As for us, we tried and our conscience is clear, based on your responses, you don't seem to care so good luck with that!

Vibrating Illegal Booming Bass 24/7
Noisy Illegal Motorcycles 24/7
Noisy Illegally Modified Exhausts 24/7

We would rather live in a community that cares about it's quality of life than try to save one that doesn't!
END
You know what would solve your problem? Some perspective.

Old 10-09-2010, 03:47 PM

687 posts, read 1,577,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturelovers View Post
Calling this noise is like comparing a BB to a bullet, they are both fired by a gun but only one is capable of serious damage. By the way if you took the time to look at the petition sigs you would have seen that many people around the country refer to this as accoustic terrorism or rape, or what we like to call them Sonic Assault Vehicles SAVs.
Rape? You're seriously pushing the idea that people driving by with heavy bass on their car stereos are committing rape? Maybe you should just start taking down license plate numbers and call your county prosecutor to have these drivers charged with rape. Problem solved!

Old 10-10-2010, 07:13 AM

1,498 posts, read 3,463,447 times
Default Another open letter

This is an open letter to uptight control freaks

Dear uptight control freaks,
There are places designed for your angst and rhetoric, it is called church. The type of tactics implemented to spread your message of doom and gloom with underlying overtones of social decay are at best a stretch. We get it, and we still dont care. Elaborate on your pain. How are you people in PAIN over this???? You people dont like something, so you wage your own mini holy war to comfort your inner child that has no friends and sits in the closet in the dark, waiting, hoping that no thunderous BASS invades its sanctuary perpetuating the life long fear and torment.

You people were never allowed to play as children, for that I am sad for all of you. Stop chasing car stereos and go down a slide, ride a swing, play hide and seek, toss a frisbee or play in traffic, I really dont care. Just do something fun instead of making your own world a prison for yourselves. Stop pushing your fear of music on others, some of us are hip and really dig it.

For the love of something holy..... another nuclear powered,bass thumping, hip gansta wannabe in a Scion just went by and all the leaves have fallen off my shrubbery...... after hearing that BASS all the kids will surely turn to prostitution and become addicted to crystal meth.

If my wife would only finish sewing that damnable cape, my costume would be complete and Sarasota will be safe.....

Signed,
Moving to Outter Mongolia where the wind chimes need to stop

Old 10-10-2010, 08:40 AM

1,580 posts, read 3,140,523 times
i cringe whenever i see the initials ACLU. that means that the majority, usually 99% of a group are going to lose what they have cause 1 person feels deprived. i am not taking up the side of or for lous car stereos just cannot stand the actions of the ACLU. they have done more to dampen and systematically destroy the spirit of people than any other group.

i feel better now.

Old 10-10-2010, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Winter View Post
This is an open letter to uptight control freaks

Dear uptight control freaks,
There are places designed for your angst and rhetoric, it is called church. The type of tactics implemented to spread your message of doom and gloom with underlying overtones of social decay are at best a stretch. We get it, and we still dont care. Elaborate on your pain. How are you people in PAIN over this???? You people dont like something, so you wage your own mini holy war to comfort your inner child that has no friends and sits in the closet in the dark, waiting, hoping that no thunderous BASS invades its sanctuary perpetuating the life long fear and torment.

You people were never allowed to play as children, for that I am sad for all of you. Stop chasing car stereos and go down a slide, ride a swing, play hide and seek, toss a frisbee or play in traffic, I really dont care. Just do something fun instead of making your own world a prison for yourselves. Stop pushing your fear of music on others, some of us are hip and really dig it.

For the love of something holy..... another nuclear powered,bass thumping, hip gansta wannabe in a Scion just went by and all the leaves have fallen off my shrubbery...... after hearing that BASS all the kids will surely turn to prostitution and become addicted to crystal meth.

If my wife would only finish sewing that damnable cape, my costume would be complete and Sarasota will be safe.....

Signed,
Moving to Outter Mongolia where the wind chimes need to stop

Can we have you over for a beer sometime?! You're a riot. PS. Bring your cape too, I have some annoying birds chirping WAY too loudly in the pine tree by my house. They are evil, I tell you! EVIL! And I swear one is smoking a joint. I'm getting out of Sarasota, it's just not safe here anymore.. next thing I know, my dog will be a pimp! I always thought he liked that studded blingy dog collar a little too much.

Old 10-10-2010, 09:02 AM

1,498 posts, read 3,463,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixiStix View Post
Can we have you over for a beer sometime?! You're a riot. PS. Bring your cape too, I have some annoying birds chirping WAY too loudly in the pine tree by my house. They are evil, I tell you! EVIL!
Sure Pix, my wife and I would love it. But we dont drink so please have ice water or chocolate milk on hand

And for those birds, I have an easy fix. Ill bring the Sentra and crank up a white noise CD at 238 decibles. That will teach the lil buggers to disturb our peace and quiet. We will shake the feathers off of them and make them wish they never flew south.

And for that damnable pine tree!! Ill bring my modified exhaust chain saw and cut it to the ground, it will never house the harbingers of discomfort again when we are through!

Sheesh, gotta run Pix, hummingbirds are back at the feeder. Got the shotgun loaded this time, those tiny wings and their infernal racket wont haunt this inner child again!!

Old 10-10-2010, 09:20 AM

3,062 posts, read 7,029,160 times
I totally support the impounding of the boom cars. If you can dish out the noise, but you can't take the heat, the obvious solution is to move to Sarasota where you can enjoy your boom cars with the other noise bullies I mean enthusiasts.

Old 10-10-2010, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Winter View Post
Sure Pix, my wife and I would love it. But we dont drink so please have ice water or chocolate milk on hand

And for those birds, I have an easy fix. Ill bring the Sentra and crank up a white noise CD at 238 decibles. That will teach the lil buggers to disturb our peace and quiet. We will shake the feathers off of them and make them wish they never flew south.

And for that damnable pine tree!! Ill bring my modified exhaust chain saw and cut it to the ground, it will never house the harbingers of discomfort again when we are through!

Sheesh, gotta run Pix, hummingbirds are back at the feeder. Got the shotgun loaded this time, those tiny wings and their infernal racket wont haunt this inner child again!!
No worries! I make a mean sweet iced tea But man, I feel your pain. Those hummingbirds are awful little buggers *shudders*... call if you need backup......................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area