Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 03:40 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,922,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorRain View Post
I knew it was there for the longest time, just hardly went in there and didn't know cougars went there.
Yeah, I wasn't aware it was a prowling grounds for cougars either. Not sure it is but I'm sure LWAF could confirm this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2010, 05:44 PM

4,895 posts, read 14,140,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
Yeah, I wasn't aware it was a prowling grounds for cougars either. Not sure it is but I'm sure LWAF could confirm this.
Me either...not a big fan of the Gator Club, personally....

Old 10-25-2010, 11:25 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,067,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
Me either...not a big fan of the Gator Club, personally....

Im gonna have to check it out somenight. Box social seems like one of the cooler places down there. One beer bar is extremely expensive down near the italian restaurant there.. I forget the name of it. Cafe Amici?

Old 10-26-2010, 09:55 AM

1,695 posts, read 3,044,850 times
What's the deal with Box Social? I see ads for them all the time. Always have live entertainment there. Yet every time I walk by the place, there is NO ONE there. Not a soul. Is this a place that doesn't start until 11 or 12?
The Beer Bar you're talking about is probably stairway to belgium? I don't think it is a Cougar hangout.
But since reading this thread, I've been to a few of these restaurants & have kept my eyes open for cougar behavior. Sure am seeing a lot of it!

Old 10-26-2010, 11:38 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times
The show is actually filmed in CA. I saw hills and mtns in the background in a split second or two shots. After seeing mtns and hills in the background a time or two, obviously I knew it wasn't actually filmed in FL.

Old 10-26-2010, 12:50 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachgns View Post
What's the deal with Box Social? I see ads for them all the time. Always have live entertainment there. Yet every time I walk by the place, there is NO ONE there. Not a soul. Is this a place that doesn't start until 11 or 12?
The Beer Bar you're talking about is probably stairway to belgium? I don't think it is a Cougar hangout.
But since reading this thread, I've been to a few of these restaurants & have kept my eyes open for cougar behavior. Sure am seeing a lot of it!
Box Social is now called Blue Owl I read. This place was established for the younger set, like the students here, and it appears to be alive and well.

I'm not a fan of Gator Club, I do enjoy Mattison's and their live music.

There is an expensive nightclub called Ivory Lounge near Cafe Americano, is that the one you mean DoctorRain?

Yes, Cougar town is "set south of Sarasota" but filmed in LA. The writer of the show is from here, and I think they did a couple early location shots here, and he would like to do more on location. Sarasota is actively courting the TV and film industry to I expect to see more and more come to the area.

Old 10-26-2010, 01:35 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times
It's funny how every once in a while they will accidentally show too much of the background and you'll see a mountain in the background.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:47 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,067,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachgns View Post

Yea you know,I walked in and asked to look at a menu and NOBODY was there. Funny you say it. Maybe they are crowded at 10pm and after or something. I'd go to Growlers, but they charge more for a beer than I am willing to pay. I went once, that was enough for now anyhow.
Yes Stairway to Belgium. It was very pricey though.

I would think cougar behavior exists at places like Banana factory or Memories sometimes. Not sure but maybe I thought I saw a few when I went to them in the past.

Old 10-27-2010, 06:24 PM

1,498 posts, read 3,465,283 times
Col D.

Thanks for posting the WIKI stuff! It is OFFICIAL, my wife is a cougar, or was at least.... are they still cougars after they capture their prey?? Im going to get her a T shirt that simply reads COUGAR on the front for x mas !

Old 10-27-2010, 06:47 PM

1,695 posts, read 3,044,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Winter View Post
Col D.

Thanks for posting the WIKI stuff! It is OFFICIAL, my wife is a cougar, or was at least.... are they still cougars after they capture their prey?? Im going to get her a T shirt that simply reads COUGAR on the front for x mas !

Hmmmm - you might want to be careful about that shirt.
Ladies - what do you think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area