Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 01:20 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times

Advertisements

2 die in Bradenton shootings - Breaking Newsletter - BradentonHerald.com

Seems like everytime I visit the Bradenton Herald website there's news about a killing. Are these gang or drug related and only in the poor parts of town? I usually visit the Bradenton Beach and other areas but won't if this continues. What's up with the crime spree?

Old 10-27-2010, 02:03 PM

1,938 posts, read 6,262,125 times
They are usually drug or gang related.. and they happen in the wrong part of town. You just here about it more in Bradenton because the police department here sucks...

Old 10-27-2010, 03:09 PM

1,008 posts, read 2,634,984 times
I have always said Bradenton will become a no go area!

Old 10-27-2010, 03:16 PM

there's no guarantee that the activity won't flow over to tourist areas, is there? Police need to beef up things if they want tourist not only from the state, but from other countries (Germany, Britain, Canada) to visit.

Old 10-27-2010, 03:47 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
2 die in Bradenton shootings - Breaking Newsletter - BradentonHerald.com

Seems like everytime I visit the Bradenton Herald website there's news about a killing. Are these gang or drug related and only in the poor parts of town? I usually visit the Bradenton Beach and other areas but won't if this continues. What's up with the crime spree?
Yes. Gang/drug related, and almost always in the poor side of town - Samoset/Oneco. Just look at the map where this stuff occurs - always the same. Bradenton Beach has nothing to do with this stuff.

Sarasota has the same deal - a lot of violent crime in the Newtown area, shootings, etc. All the rest of the city/beaches is great.

Old 10-27-2010, 04:09 PM

can't count on the drug/gang activity to stay away from the nice beach areas, can you? Are those areas patrolled better?

Old 10-27-2010, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
can't count on the drug/gang activity to stay away from the nice beach areas, can you? Are those areas patrolled better?
Well, if you aren't comfortable, don't go. All I can say is I go there without fear and have no issues an will continue to do so.

Old 10-27-2010, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Well, if you aren't comfortable, don't go.
Hell yeah I'm uncomfortable!

I survived living in three war zones. The last thing I want is to get knocked off by some Bradentonian while I'm relaxing at the beach.

Old 10-27-2010, 06:15 PM

1,498 posts, read 3,465,002 times
Gypsychic, while I too love the beaches of Anna Maria we cannot forget the gang related shootings not all that long ago over a holiday weekend. Those took place on a Bradenton Beach......

I photograph out there all the time and I am safe, but you never know when a gang banger hopped up on meth is gonna try and make it his ghetto.

Bradenton has its bad parts of town, but has some fine real estate as well, does the garbage cross the street into nice parts of town, of course it does. You could get shot anywhere these days, if we worry all the time about it, whats the point of living?

Bradenton does have a fairly large gang unit, hopefully their funding wont continue to be cut and they can retake the streets. Until then, I'll stay in sleepy Venice

Old 10-27-2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Winter View Post
Gypsychic, while I too love the beaches of Anna Maria we cannot forget the gang related shootings not all that long ago over a holiday weekend. Those took place on a Bradenton Beach......

I photograph out there all the time and I am safe, but you never know when a gang banger hopped up on meth is gonna try and make it his ghetto.

Bradenton has its bad parts of town, but has some fine real estate as well, does the garbage cross the street into nice parts of town, of course it does. You could get shot anywhere these days, if we worry all the time about it, whats the point of living?

Bradenton does have a fairly large gang unit, hopefully their funding wont continue to be cut and they can retake the streets. Until then, I'll stay in sleepy Venice
Exactly the point - anything can happen anytime and anywhere, even sleepy Venice. I live my life without fear, and go where I want to go. If it's my time it's my time. Nothing worse than not enjoying life because one is afraid of everything. I am enjoying my life to the full, and that includes going to the beautiful beaches on Anna Maria Island, which to me are the most beautiful anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area