Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 08:09 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,912,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigimac View Post
I just wanted this post to go back to the top of the forum again. Also, barely a day has gone by that I have not thought about this bullmastiff gone missing. I live in another state, so I cannot physically look, but I copied his pic onto my desktop and over the weeks compared it to numerous animal rescue groups pets in the entire area, but no match. I am still of the mind that someone took him in and has no idea his owners are looking for him, and so I think it's worth taking the time to put up his pic at small businesses and quick-stops and groc, or put pics in neighborhood mailboxes, check with more vets, and put his pic and contact phone in all the local newspapers, including on up in Sarasota and down in Bradenton. I think the newspaper thing might have the biggest effect. I know you all have tried everything, but I encourage you to give it one more push with the thought in mind that someone took him in.
Thanks for keeping Samson in your thoughts. I know she did take out a newspaper ad when he first went missing. Still no word of him. I think that he's very close by as well. I had the strangest dream a few nights ago. I dreamed that Samson was laying on a wooden floor just a few doors away from my friends home.

The main problem is that the homes are on at least three acres and many are heavily treed so it's almost impossible to even see the houses and most have big metal or wrought iron gates.

I sure wish he would come home. I know her little one is very sad he's still gone. He was always great with kids
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2010, 11:07 AM

338 posts, read 1,011,866 times
Sorry to hear he has not been found yet. I hope your friend put flyers in everyones mail boxes in the estates . I had a bullmastiff when my children were young and it was the the most loving family dog. It doesn't look good for him turning up but stranger things have happened.

Old 01-31-2011, 10:41 AM

288 posts, read 692,641 times
Question Samson...

Just bumping this thread again so Samson doesn't get forgotten. I often think about this lovely dog

Just wondered if there have been any developments on finding him

Can't begin to imagine what his owners must be going through

Old 01-31-2011, 11:48 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,912,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleys Mum View Post
Just bumping this thread again so Samson doesn't get forgotten. I often think about this lovely dog

Just wondered if there have been any developments on finding him

Can't begin to imagine what his owners must be going through
Nope no Samson, unfortunately.

Old 01-31-2011, 11:56 AM

13 posts, read 28,311 times
I'll keep a look out for him, poor guy It always breaks my heart to hear about a missing dog.

Old 02-01-2011, 06:59 AM

288 posts, read 692,641 times
Oh gosh, that is just sooo sad

Old 02-01-2011, 08:50 AM

1,439 posts, read 2,919,146 times
I still keep Samson on my mind when I going through petfinder and animal control sites. I really hope that he is ok, and that he will eventually make it home again one day soon. Such a sad story for such a beautiful dog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area