U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2010, 07:46 PM

241 posts, read 443,952 times

Advertisements

I have been looking at homes for sale on MYFLORIDAHOMESMLS.COM. I have some favorites listed. Was just wondering if anyone knows if the homes get sold will they drop off my favorites list? Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2010, 08:56 AM

192 posts, read 473,955 times
Hi! I also use the website. If you sign up to be notified of any activity (go to "save search options" on main page), it will email you when something on your favorites goes under contract or is updated in any way. Then it says it will remove it from your favorites. Been using the site for a while, so if you have any other questions just ask. It took me a little while to learn all the ins and outs. It's a VERY useful site. Good luck with your property search!

Old 10-29-2010, 02:00 PM

Thanks for the info!

Old 10-29-2010, 02:29 PM

6,864 posts, read 10,936,812 times
Anyone who has been a member of CD prior to June 2009 knows that the R.E. site mentioned was developed because of the input from dozens of us that were frustrated with what was available, missing from R.E. sites and the discontinuance of the charlotte area mls. The site has turned into a great site with 15 regional boards now using it. It's a one stop place for people looking to purchase a home.

Old 10-29-2010, 05:39 PM

7,511 posts, read 21,548,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
Anyone who has been a member of CD prior to June 2009 knows that the R.E. site mentioned was developed because of the input from dozens of us that were frustrated with what was available, missing from R.E. sites and the discontinuance of the charlotte area mls. The site has turned into a great site with 15 regional boards now using it. It's a one stop place for people looking to purchase a home.
Actually, I think it was you specifically that got the ball rolling. I remember the "talks" back and forth between the CD people and the higher ups in the MLS. In the beginning there wasn't going to be a pubic side or if they did it it would be very minimal. It looks good now.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:45 PM

Sorry haven't been here since before June 2009, just know that it is a useful site. I have that site and this bookmarked and check them both once a day. My house in Pa will be going up for sale at the beginning of the year and I can't wait to be doing a search for the real thing instead of just checking it out!

Old 10-29-2010, 07:59 PM

1,439 posts, read 2,752,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
Actually, I think it was you specifically that got the ball rolling. I remember the "talks" back and forth between the CD people and the higher ups in the MLS. In the beginning there wasn't going to be a pubic side or if they did it it would be very minimal. It looks good now.
Whoever was involved from CD should be congratulated. Can't tell you how much I appreciate having that website.

Old 10-30-2010, 08:03 AM

6,103 posts, read 14,168,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Col.W.Deering View Post
Whoever was involved from CD should be congratulated. Can't tell you how much I appreciate having that website.

I was involved in a huge number of discussions about the MLS. Many of us here complained constantly, and it wasn't only making it difficult for us that used the site to find a home we wanted, it did not help the real estate agents either. Many people find homes on line and bring them to a real estate agent to begin discussions, it saves them a lot of time and expense if home buyers can do some searching and range things in without making an agent drive them around for a week while they loookiee lew and compare, what they could eliminate while sitting on their own couch.

That said, SoFLGal lead the charge. She took many of the posts from here and emailed them to the people at the MLS and the Florida Real Estate Board for their input, comments, and many things were added and followed up on and responded too. She deserves a ton of credit. And many people that posted their observations, recommendations, and complaints succeeded in helping to change things for the better of all.

It did not do many of the things we all use and value in the site before she helped. There were several other sites you had to look at and none of them were near as accurate, and were very much more time consuming to review and get the answers you looked for.

In case you want to give props - SoFLGal should get some!

Old 10-30-2010, 08:42 AM

7,511 posts, read 21,548,706 times
Thank you Big House

Here are several threads that got things going. As you can see the original plan was pretty poor. In fact, the higher ups in the MLS wanted the public to have to go through a Realtors website to access any type of housing data. Everyone on here, including me, thought that was a bad idea. We wanted people to be able to search freely without being bothered by a Realtor if they weren't ready to buy.

Makes for some good reading. And it makes me wonder what happened to some of the people back then. Carbondated hasn't been around for ages. Wonder how she's doing? Hmm...

//www.city-data.com/forum/saras...-area-mls.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/saras...blic-site.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/saras...ic-access.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area