Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 09:36 AM

1,581 posts, read 3,375,749 times

Advertisements

Happy to say we have been Florida residents now for 6 weeks. We just couldn't be happier. We have had some good and bad experiences with repair/delivery people but overall it's been good.

We are adjusting to the humidity and know it's a summer thing and a good trade off for no snow and ice!! No complaints.

We have taken our Golden Retriever to Paw Park a couple of times and LOVE watching him ride the waves, we get in and ride with him. We do take days and go to our beaches with out him. (Please don't tell him)

Our house up North closes the beginning of next week so that will be done with and we can just focus on our new life here. We are so lucky that we had several offers on our home before we arrived here in FL.

Our neighbors are all nice people, a nice mix of ages and races and all have been friendly and helpful. We feel safe.

I guess what I'm saying is we are VERY happy here and just love everything about Florida. Now when the first hurricane scare comes I may be a bit anxious but we knew about them coming in.

Life is good and we have found our paradise!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 09:47 AM

3,979 posts, read 10,554,801 times
Glad you like it here. I love it here and would never move back to NY. It takes some time to get used to the long period of heat in the summer, but you find things to do. Early morning and late evening are the times I get my yard work and walking done. We lived through hurricane Charley. It is scary in the moment, but if you prepare ahead of time you will be fine. Keep on enjoying it.

Old 07-20-2011, 12:27 PM

305 posts, read 611,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nphomeowner View Post
Happy to say we have been Florida residents now for 6 weeks. We just couldn't be happier. We have had some good and bad experiences with repair/delivery people but overall it's been good.

We are adjusting to the humidity and know it's a summer thing and a good trade off for no snow and ice!! No complaints.

We have taken our Golden Retriever to Paw Park a couple of times and LOVE watching him ride the waves, we get in and ride with him. We do take days and go to our beaches with out him. (Please don't tell him)

Our house up North closes the beginning of next week so that will be done with and we can just focus on our new life here. We are so lucky that we had several offers on our home before we arrived here in FL.

Our neighbors are all nice people, a nice mix of ages and races and all have been friendly and helpful. We feel safe.

I guess what I'm saying is we are VERY happy here and just love everything about Florida. Now when the first hurricane scare comes I may be a bit anxious but we knew about them coming in.

Life is good and we have found our paradise!
Congratulations. I have a question, do you have to go back North to do your closing?

Old 07-20-2011, 12:41 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,375,749 times
No we do not have to go back. They are going to overnight mail the papers, we will sign and overnight them back.

When we closed on our house here in Florida we were up North, they sent a Notary to our house and we had to sign in front of her and she returned the packet. That cost us $125 but selling up North from here is only the cost of an overnight mail. Fl is alot more anal about closings.

Old 07-20-2011, 01:00 PM

50,382 posts, read 64,021,617 times
We spent a lovely few days with friends in Sarasota, and they took us to Anna Maria Island, to the Rod and Reel Pier for lunch. If I were you, I would throw on my flip flops and go there for lunch one day soon. If I lived there, I'd go there a lot.

Old 07-20-2011, 01:16 PM

305 posts, read 611,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nphomeowner View Post
No we do not have to go back. They are going to overnight mail the papers, we will sign and overnight them back.

When we closed on our house here in Florida we were up North, they sent a Notary to our house and we had to sign in front of her and she returned the packet. That cost us $125 but selling up North from here is only the cost of an overnight mail. Fl is alot more anal about closings.

Thanks!

Old 07-20-2011, 02:29 PM

2,289 posts, read 5,775,936 times
Great! Yes, Anna Marie Island is fun, I've eaten at the Rod and Reel many times, keep snooping around, there are many more fun places to eat...Woody's River Roo in Ellenton is one of them, it is on the water, live music and a bunch of nice people!

Old 07-20-2011, 08:18 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,345,973 times
Welcome! Have fun and enjoy living here.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:03 PM

386 posts, read 1,015,860 times
Welcome to paradise! We moved from NJ. It's our 2nd Florida summer and our 1st year as homeowner's. Couldn't be happier. It was worth all the work and waiting. Explore, enjoy and celebrate every day!

Old 07-20-2011, 09:29 PM

108 posts, read 235,000 times
I Love Florida and cant wait to get there, the only problem is I still have to live with my spouse-:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area