Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 08:48 AM

220 posts, read 269,952 times

Advertisements

Need someone to unplug toilet in home on siesta key.Would like to hook with someone who could fix small items as needed being we are out of state.Retired,partime is Ok.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2010, 05:26 PM

1,938 posts, read 6,262,125 times
Default handyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by radarboy View Post
Need someone to unplug toilet in home on siesta key.Would like to hook with someone who could fix small items as needed being we are out of state.Retired,partime is Ok.
My hubby would be very willing..he works for Manatee County School Board as a contractor and we owned a deck business in Chicago. Currently, he does side jobs, decks, patios, interior demo and rebuild. There hasnt been much work lately and were really looking for some extra income right now. He does quality work, there isn't much he cant do.

Cell- Mike-- 592-9683

Old 11-18-2010, 07:32 AM

220 posts, read 269,952 times
Thank,I've got the problem fixed but will keep the number on file.I'll be down there in Jan.I'd like to maybe call him and meet.I'm originally from Chicago also,maybe We can compare food joints?

Old 11-18-2010, 08:44 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,344,507 times
It's hard to assess the value of having a solid go-to guy for stuff around any property. I had one in Baltimore that was...well, "OK," and now I have one here who is excellent.

It's like night and day.

I'm sure you'll be in good hands with Mike, but if you still need a referral, I'd be happy to provide it. Just DM me if you like.

Old 11-18-2010, 03:08 PM

1,938 posts, read 6,262,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radarboy View Post
Thank,I've got the problem fixed but will keep the number on file.I'll be down there in Jan.I'd like to maybe call him and meet.I'm originally from Chicago also,maybe We can compare food joints?

Sure thing-- food joints! Sounds like our niche LOL.. I will tell you: I like to brag about how skilled he is. He's in the garage as we speak handcrafting Christmas ornament ...He does free estimates, will quote you for materials of your choice, and he's really competitive with prices. Sometimes he'll give a flat rate, which may be cheaper than hourly...We are in Mote Ranch so were not too far

Old 11-20-2010, 06:41 PM

94 posts, read 185,938 times
Default Handymen are valuable

Until quite recently, I lived in a 110 year-old home up-north.

I could not have existed without a reliable and cost conscience handyman.

He did everything from cleaning gutters to new wallboard and even had his son do the leaves for me in the fall.

I will miss him, but not the weather.....

Old 06-22-2011, 06:36 AM

209 posts, read 452,592 times
Hi to all... I need a handyman that is strong in plumbing skills without the high price of a plumber. By strong in plumbing skills, I am basically saying: " have the ability to fix what i screw up!" I have a couple of jobs, that are just too pricy to call a plumber and aren't really that difficult. I welcome your suggestions. We live on LBK -- kind of in the middle so "convenient" to Bradenton and Sarasota. Thanks.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:33 AM

142 posts, read 354,271 times
You need a license to practice plumbing. Not to mention insurance and workers' comp. You really want a handyman to be responsible for your plumbing needs? Plumbers with experience are faster and more efficient than any handyman. Get the job done right, don't cheap out. You're not really saving anything in the long run. Get a reference from friends and neighbors on which plumber to call.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:39 AM

209 posts, read 452,592 times
The jobs I have don't require a surgeon. Just some one reasonably adept will do. Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:46 AM

142 posts, read 354,271 times
Okay, I see you are in the belief that you only need to know three things to be a Plumber, so good luck in your quest. If you do find a suitable handyman ask him why he is not a plumber. If he has the skills, why is he not a Plumber? Hmmmmm.... Be sure you let the next owner of the house know about the unlicensed plumber's work. Good luck with your flip. Plumber's have been fixing other peoples screw ups for a long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area