U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 03:55 PM

7,486 posts, read 20,728,316 times

Advertisements

So, as I said on another thread, my oldest daughters 18th birthday party is this Saturday. I thought Alice and Wonderland would be a really cool theme.

I've found the perfect cake! Here's the front of it: http://sarasotacakes.manateepc.com/i...016%20(35).jpg

and the back: http://sarasotacakes.manateepc.com/i...016%20(34).jpg

Here's their website: A Slice of Heaven - Cakes for All Occasions, delivered in Sarasota, Bradenton, Venice, Longboat Key, Siesta Key, Lido Key, St. Armand's Circle, Lakewood Ranch and Palmer Ranch areas

I'm going to dress up as the Queen of Hearts. My littlest is going to be Alice and my middle girl is going to be the Cheshire Cat. My husband is going to be the Mad Hatter. He just doesn't know it yet.

I stopped at LTM Party this afternoon and found some queen of hearts, ace of spades, etc cups, napkins, decorations.

Now, if I could get the kids drink tea and play croquet, it would be really cool
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2010, 04:48 PM

726 posts, read 933,977 times
WOW...what talent! That's a great cake and you have some great ideas. Hope she has a wonderful birthday. ENJOY!!

Old 11-30-2010, 05:21 PM

477 posts, read 898,284 times
Ooooooo....Beautiful! My daughter is in love with it!

Old 11-30-2010, 05:33 PM

Thanks everyone! I'll post pics once we get the cake. I'm hoping it looks pretty close to the pictures

Old 11-30-2010, 08:17 PM

74 posts, read 224,794 times
I recently went to a birthday party where they had cake from A Slice of Heaven. It was SO GOOD! In fact, it was so good that I just ordered my daughter (3) a "Belle" cake for her birthday next week. I also went to their store and bought a few samples, simply because I couldn't choose which flavor/filling...they have so many good ones! If you don't mind me asking...which flavor cake and filling did you choose? I'm still debating...I may have to change mine before the party date.

Their prices are a little high, BUT, for good cake I will pay! I can't stand trying new places only to get a dry, flavorless cake. So disappointing. At least I know I won't be disappointed with the cake.

Old 11-30-2010, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohtofl View Post
I recently went to a birthday party where they had cake from A Slice of Heaven. It was SO GOOD! In fact, it was so good that I just ordered my daughter (3) a "Belle" cake for her birthday next week. I also went to their store and bought a few samples, simply because I couldn't choose which flavor/filling...they have so many good ones! If you don't mind me asking...which flavor cake and filling did you choose? I'm still debating...I may have to change mine before the party date.

Their prices are a little high, BUT, for good cake I will pay! I can't stand trying new places only to get a dry, flavorless cake. So disappointing. At least I know I won't be disappointed with the cake.
That's good to hear! I looked on the net and they had tons of excellent reviews so I was hoping I was safe. My daughter decided on European Raspberry and French vanilla cake on the bottom and on the top part mango with French vanilla cake. I let her pick the flavors but she doesn't know what cake she's getting. Let me know how you like it, what flavors you choose and post pictures if you can

Old 12-01-2010, 06:20 AM

Trust me, the cake is WONDERFUL. And, if you happen to be over on that side of town, they sell pieces of their cake by the slice. So if you wanted a sample, it's a great excuse to stop in for a piece of cake, LOL.

I will def post pics. Her party is next week and she insisted on Belle and Beast cake. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Old 12-01-2010, 06:35 PM

726 posts, read 933,977 times
Ohtofl...brings back wonderful memories of when my "baby" girl was 4...she had a Beauty and the Beast cake and we put the figures on the top. She's a LOT older now...but probably would still love the cake!! It is still our favorite broadway show we went to.

Old 12-01-2010, 06:54 PM

Saralvr - Yep, it's our favorite around here too! We're having a princess tea party and my little lady is wearing a new Belle dress...LOL. I wish I could freeze time with her age. I will miss all these fun things! They grow up waaaay too fast.

Old 12-06-2010, 02:33 PM

531 posts, read 1,037,980 times
That is one Beautttttttiful cake! Wow! I'm definitely going to save that name and address.....thanks! NOW......SOFLGAL......you CAN'T have a daughter who is turning 18! Come ON! You're just past that age yourself, right? Holy Moly! Florida air MUST be good! Pleeeeeease let me sell my house and move down there SOON! Haha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area