Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 07:02 PM

51 posts, read 222,824 times

Advertisements

RGRM International is a type of music therapy, and since it is unlikely to be covered by health insurance providers, I don't think there would be much of a market for it here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2009, 08:34 PM

8 posts, read 27,902 times
Default re-locating

Hi there;
I just moved to Siesta Key in Sarasota from CA (Valencia) and I love it. The cost of living is 54% lower than CA, the beaches are much more beautiful, the people are normal and nice, you can breathe the air and there is no state income tax. The schools are better and the rents cheaper. I am very happy. There is a cultural element that is really amazing. Los Angeles is a cultural wasteland and it is very exciting to be around all the arts.
Good luck!

Old 08-05-2009, 09:06 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,088,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lctmedia View Post
Hi there;
I just moved to Siesta Key in Sarasota from CA (Valencia) and I love it. The cost of living is 54% lower than CA, the beaches are much more beautiful, the people are normal and nice, you can breathe the air and there is no state income tax. The schools are better and the rents cheaper. I am very happy. There is a cultural element that is really amazing. Los Angeles is a cultural wasteland and it is very exciting to be around all the arts.
Good luck!

SWEET!
So whatda do? I see you have media in your name - are you connected with that?
Welcome to the board - as well!
Aren't you a bit surprised how warm the water is, or have you been here before?

Old 08-06-2009, 05:59 AM

3 posts, read 6,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kay gregory View Post
My husband and I are thinking of relocating to Florida for 6 months a year to bring our international business to the States from Sweden. We have the RGRM International method to help those who have had stroke, Parkinson's, depression and other brain problems. Because it is so successfully used in Sweden, we thought that the population of Florida would welcome this method with open arms in the health fields. We are not sure if we should buy or rent...Sarasota, Naples, Melbourne, or wherever the progressive health care mentality would be best. Does anyone have any feedback for us? We would like whatever scenario to one of financially affordable also, as well, as we will still have our Stockholm apt to keep. Thanks for the help.
Hello Kay,
As others have suggested, you would need to apply for the appropriate permits/licenses for your particular business. But it surely sounds like something that would be welcomed here in the community! I hope it works out for you.

However, I can tell you that Sarasota has a very large international community, and namely, Swedish. Please check out this website for more info. The Swedish Club of Sarasota, Florida My daughter-in-law is from Sweden, and she belonged to this group when she lived here (almost 3 years). She absolutely LOVED Sarasota, by the way. The group is quite active, and might be a great way to make contact with others, once you've relocated in Sarasota.
If you are interested in chatting more about this, please don't hesitate to p.m. me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area