Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2010, 07:48 PM

67 posts, read 190,703 times

Advertisements

Hi My husband and I are in our mid 30's with two small children, my husband is interviewing for a position in Tampa. We are both professionals, active, and want to live near the beach. Schools are important to us and we want to live in a "neighborhood" Would like to live in Sarasota, but it is a hike for my husband. Any suggestions for other towns outside of Tampa that might be good to look into? Thanks, I appreciate any help or suggestions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2010, 01:54 PM

4,895 posts, read 14,139,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookahan View Post
Hi My husband and I are in our mid 30's with two small children, my husband is interviewing for a position in Tampa. We are both professionals, active, and want to live near the beach. Schools are important to us and we want to live in a "neighborhood" Would like to live in Sarasota, but it is a hike for my husband. Any suggestions for other towns outside of Tampa that might be good to look into? Thanks, I appreciate any help or suggestions
Post in the Tampa Forum. Even off I-75 Sarasota is a 50 minute ride & you would not even be close to the beach.

Old 12-29-2010, 02:43 PM

5,662 posts, read 10,741,856 times
Also, let the Tampa forum know where in Tampa your husband's job is located. "Tampa" is a big place and there are numerous nice neighborhoods meeting your criteria but the employer's location can have a huge bearing on which location would be best for you.

Old 12-29-2010, 04:51 PM

913 posts, read 2,362,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookahan View Post
Pinellas County is where you would want to live if you want to be near the beach. Generally, the northern part of the county is better than the southern part. There are some exceptions, such as Seminole. I have always thought Pass-a- Grill is an interesting little town, but do not know anything about the schools. My cousin lives in Palm Harbor. And then there is Tarpon Springs. A unique town with one of the best HS band programs in the country (usually the sign of a superior school system).

Old 12-29-2010, 07:10 PM

67 posts, read 190,703 times
Thanks for the reponses will post in Tampa section.

Old 03-06-2016, 05:32 PM

1 posts, read 2,098 times
Hi I have two kids one is 16 a boy he is in school that has music programs and band also,he likes that a lot,and my daughter is 13.she still in middle school I will like to find a nice small place to move close to Tampa, between Sarasota and Tampa or you can recommend me a good place.to raise my kids.I been living in big cities for long time I will like a small town,or so.please help me I am concerned about my kids school.and a good place with low crime and quiet.close to the beach,not too close.if there is river much better.Thanks.

Old 03-08-2016, 04:41 AM

4,895 posts, read 14,139,157 times
Any of you wanting to move between Tampa & Sarasota need to realize its a 70 mile spread & due to traffic, you really want to live within 30 minutes of your job as well as your children's school ~ it makes no sense to live farther ~

Old 03-08-2016, 07:50 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
Those who have a job in Tampa and want good schools, live in Tampa. You can always drive to the beach, you will not be able to get it all.

Old 03-09-2016, 04:45 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
Any of you wanting to move between Tampa & Sarasota need to realize its a 70 mile spread & due to traffic, you really want to live within 30 minutes of your job as well as your children's school ~ it makes no sense to live farther ~
Just noticed OP's post is about 6 yrs old....but anyone considering this type of deal....

I've been traveling down to Sarasota from Tampa for a variety of reasons (beach, entertainment, baseball) and can't believe the daily traffic especially rush hour. It is very bad and nearly as bad as what I see in Tampa at various times of the day. Maybe it's snowbirders, tourists, and people traveling south on I75, but really need to be taken into consideration for anyone commuting to and from the TB area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area