Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 01:05 PM

5,662 posts, read 10,740,370 times

Advertisements

Well, I'd suggest that you ask your agent to first confirm the information with the listing agent to be sure everyone is talking about the same property. Mistakes can happen and there are some agents who handle very large numbers of bank owned properties but don't seem (in my opinion) to take a personal interest in the properties so it could be a case of just not having the right info but not caring enough to find out the truth. If it doesn't appear to be a miscommunication, ask your agent to show you the property. Take a look everywhere for pieces of drywall that have been removed. Usually test samples are cut out squares or round holes. If you can't find any of those, the odds that the property was actually tested for CDW go down dramatically. It could be that an inspection was done and the inspector noted that there was some discoloration of the copper somewhere and that might have scared off a buyer. That doesn't mean that there is CDW but it could be why the agent just told the bank asset manager to lower the price. Talk with your agent about making an offer that is As Is with the right to inspect (that's what the bank addendum will give you anyway) and check it out. You might end up with a great deal!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2011, 03:58 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,934,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
rac1, I exchanged emails with the president of the association in Greenbrook Walk who knows everything about that community. She confirmed that there has never been a case of CDW in Greenbrook Walk including the unit you mentioned.
This is not true at all. It' been all over the news and talked about here on CD.

Another builder linked to Chinese drywall | HeraldTribune.com

Old 01-01-2011, 05:13 PM

Obrero, LOL--so what information is "not true at all"?

Old 02-12-2011, 03:01 PM

2 posts, read 5,424 times
Default Greenbrook Walk

There is and has never been one case of Chinese Drywall.
Greenbrook is an excellent family community and we all take pride in our development.

A realtor made a huge mistake claiming that there was Chinesedrywall.

There is NOT.

Old 02-12-2011, 03:03 PM

2 posts, read 5,424 times
Just wanted to make sure you knew your information was Incorrect.

Greenbrook Walk has NEVER had a case of Chinese Drywall.

Old 02-12-2011, 04:08 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
making a statement that a community with homes/condos for sale HAS CDW issues where there is no is basically a libel--and could be followed up with charges--
obviously that condition is something that drastically effects the marketability of residential property...

the article says that some homes in Greenwood in Lakewood Ranch were toured--not that they were declared contaminated specifically--from what I read--and they were SFR--not condos from what I understood...

they were built by Taylor Morrison on Skip Jack Loop in Greenbrook and Lennar homes and Beazer homes...

Old 02-12-2011, 04:32 PM

Here we go again....no contaminated CDW was ever found in Greenbrook Walk (a condo in Greenbrook Village), one builder had some contaminated CDW in a relatively few homes in Greenbrook Village and most, if not all, has been remediated. Not all CDW is contaminated and it is possible to have the symptoms of contaminated CDW without actually having the bad stuff.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:07 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,989,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rac1 View Post
for what it's worth, the listing agent apparently informed my agent
that there has been a Chinese Drywall problem at the complex & that the
last deal was cancelled because of that...
Have an expert check any house before you buy. Not all Agents are going to be as forthcoming as they should be where CWB is concerned.

Old 05-07-2011, 05:22 PM

6 posts, read 50,777 times
I too was looking into LR and did some research. I typed in a search for chinese drywall in lakewood ranch. It has some interesting articles.

Old 06-23-2017, 04:47 PM

1 posts, read 807 times
I was a superintendent building a lot of homes in Lakewood Ranch and specifically Green Brook condos and single family. I can say there is no CDW. There where construction problems earlier on in the multifamily area do to design and material purchasing however that should have all been remedied.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area