Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 10:52 PM

481 posts, read 943,712 times

Advertisements

Are there any ice skating rinks that give lessons and barns that give horse riding lessons (obviously not together) in Sarasota?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 07:45 AM

3,412 posts, read 10,171,933 times
The only place for Ice Skating i know is JP Igloo in Ellenton. I don't know of they do lessons.
Ellenton Ice and Sports Complex

Don't know about horses, i know there are places that you can ride them, may be they do lessons as well? Just google it, i'm sure you can find it.

Old 07-20-2009, 08:43 AM

385 posts, read 1,159,599 times
I have heard of Myakka Valley Stables, (have not been over there yet) located east of I75.

I think ShepsMom is right, I don't know anywhere else that offers ice skating besides JP Igloo. I am sure they have lessons available.

Old 07-21-2009, 08:04 AM

Thanks. My DD really wants to start lessons again when we move down there, so I thought I would get some good info.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:43 AM

879 posts, read 1,953,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickor View Post
You can skate and have classes on figure skating or ice hockey there.
More info on the website: Sarasota Ice Rink - Enjoy Floridian Ice Skating With Us!.
that little plastic thing in the corner at the mall?? lol

Old 01-07-2011, 03:41 AM

1,498 posts, read 3,465,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnanner View Post
that little plastic thing in the corner at the mall?? lol
LMAO no kidding. Its only 20 bucks an hour to glide on .........well plastic of course

Old 01-07-2011, 10:22 AM

Oh goodness, we tried that out actually. The only way I can bribe a 6 yo boy tot go with his mother and sister to the mall is to tell him he can either get something or, what he ususally chooses, he can jump and flip on that huge bungee cord jumping thing. But last time we went, my son saw some boys with hockey sticks on the faux ice rink and was drawn to it like a moth to a flame. The people who run it are super nice and I feel bad that my review of said plastic skate rink isn't more positive. The skates didn't fit my son well and he got a huge sore on his leg. That aside, the little shards of plastic that you can't help but get all over you, are a PITA!!!!!!!!! On regular ice, you get the flakes and dust, but of course it melts. Here you get millions of shards of plastic and they don't just wipe off. Not only do they not just wipe off, but then when your son puts his clothes in the hamper before you can reach him screaming "NOOOOOOO!!!" they get all over the other clothes too. And then they get all in your washing machine and dryer.

Yeah, I'll pass on the faux-ice rink and stick to the bungee jumper on our trips to the mall.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:10 PM

99 posts, read 390,602 times
Equestrian Endeavors - Home Page

Old 01-15-2011, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickor View Post
I can see you didn't like it, culturedmom. That's fine. I appreciate your position and opinion. But did your tot like? This is important. Like 99% of all the other kids, including those who cry not wanting to leave the rink. With tens of VIP passes (giving 5 sessions at price of four) purchased during the first 5 days we offer them, and families returning every second day, and kids who start skating by the end of the 30-min session, you say it's LOL? Like those many of them, who fall, cry, stand up and skate again and again.
We had a great birthday party today at the rink. Of a 7-year old girl. This is a family of 5 with a father an expert hockey player. They all love coming to us for a family skating and were happy to learn we do birthday parties. Them and their guests told that was a blast! This plastic was fine to them. And I appreciate their opinion and position just like yours. A Happy New year to you all!
To the bolded....I appreciate your drive to get the word out about your rink, but we can nix the parenting advice. I have done my fair share of annoying and unpleasant things for the benefit of my children. Trust me, I'm not a scout leader because I like wearing a uniform! Had my son liked it, I would have continued to take him. Perhaps you missed the part in the post where he cut his leg on the ill fitting skates?

Old 01-17-2011, 10:45 PM

879 posts, read 1,953,828 times
hi vickor...we had a lot of fun skating today. you were very helpful and the kids want to do it again some time! thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
View detailed profiles of: