Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2011, 08:27 PM

9 posts, read 8,906 times

Advertisements

Okay, Slammed at work and have a hotel on hold for when I get in tomorrow afternoon, but not sure it is what I want.
Any opinions on the following locations?:
Holiday Inn - airport location-looks new, but unsure about staying near the airport. I will be traveling alone, here for 4 days.
Hilton Regency - loved it, but soo expensive and would have to have a government discount to be close to affording it.
Holiday Inn Lakewood Ranch - looks nice, how is the location? anything to do in the area? And what is the deal with having to pay 10 extra dollars to have a bathtub? not a jacuzzi, just a plain old bathtub!?
Someplace at the beach?-am I missing out coming down for the first time and not staying waterfront? and is there something nice, but affordable there? Thought I would spend around 120.00 per night, but might go as high as 145.00- for something really good. The above hotels start at 111.00, 145.00, and 120.00 per night.

Need some R&R, and checking out the area for possible relocation.
Thanks for you help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2011, 08:54 PM

913 posts, read 2,355,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOnurse View Post
Okay, Slammed at work and have a hotel on hold for when I get in tomorrow afternoon, but not sure it is what I want.
Any opinions on the following locations?:
Holiday Inn - airport location-looks new, but unsure about staying near the airport. I will be traveling alone, here for 4 days.
Hilton Regency - loved it, but soo expensive and would have to have a government discount to be close to affording it.
Holiday Inn Lakewood Ranch - looks nice, how is the location? anything to do in the area? And what is the deal with having to pay 10 extra dollars to have a bathtub? not a jacuzzi, just a plain old bathtub!?
Someplace at the beach?-am I missing out coming down for the first time and not staying waterfront? and is there something nice, but affordable there? Thought I would spend around 120.00 per night, but might go as high as 145.00- for something really good. The above hotels start at 111.00, 145.00, and 120.00 per night.

Need some R&R, and checking out the area for possible relocation.
Thanks for you help!
We used the stay at the Banyon Tree in Siesta Key before we bought. I think they have new owners and I have not to stayed there for a few years. It's a block from the beach and a block from the village. I'm not sure they do single nights. There used to be a Best Western in Siesta Village, which is now called the Siesta Beach Resort. It is in the village and only a block to the beach. I have been by it and it looks nice, but never stayed there.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:39 AM

5,663 posts, read 10,697,911 times
Holiday Inn at Lakewood Ranch seems to always get favorable reviews but, if it was me coming here for the first time, I'd stay out near the beach if that was possible. SRQ is not really a busy airport but I wouldn't stay at an airport hotel unless it was in conjunction with meetings at the same location.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:51 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,334,033 times
Hotel Indigo is a quirky, nice hotel. The rooms aren't very big, but the overall vibe is great, and it is nicely situated.

The Hyatt Place is right across the street from the airport, and is really spotless, modern and convenient. I was actually surprised at the value here, being a Hyatt.

I do not recall the prices off the top of my head, but I was very satisfied with both.

The Hyatt Regency is great, but pricey. We had our wedding reception there, and the rooms were very nice, the grounds were REALLY nice, and the service was solid.

Old 01-19-2011, 07:01 AM

4,893 posts, read 14,105,217 times
Hotel Indigo is the bomb for close to downtown.

As for beach & quick access to town: Holiday Inn on Lido Beach.

Lakewood Ranch Holiday in is fine if you want to be out East.

If it were me, I'd take the HI on the beach!

Old 01-19-2011, 07:03 AM

164 posts, read 355,048 times
Although we usually stay on the beach, when we made two trips down last winter to specifically house hunt, knowing we wouldn't have much time to hang out on the beach, we stayed at Holiday Inn Lakewood Ranch. It was very nice, had easy access to I-75, and obviously cost much less than beach front hotels.

If you want a suggestion for an affordable beach front motel, check out Coquina on the Beach which is on Lido Beach. It is a small, older facility that has been updated; not real fancy but looks clean. When we stay at our timeshare which is next door to the Coquina, it always seems busy. www.coquinaonthebeach.com

If $$ wasn't an issue, I would recommend Lido Beach Resort; have stayed there several times and love it!

Old 01-19-2011, 07:37 AM

153 posts, read 287,304 times
+1 on Lakewood Ranch Holiday Inn. It's close enough to everything, including airport, for a stay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area