Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2011, 09:45 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,344,184 times

Advertisements

Strangest thing. As much as I like the sandwiches at Jersey Mike's and Valentino's, I got delivery from Munchies 420 Cafe the other night (my wife and I both have the flu/ebola virus, so we can justify ordering from Stoner Heaven), and I'll be damned if their ham, salami, and provolone sandwich isn't the best I have had since leaving New Jersey so many years ago.

Fine quality meats, proper seasonings, and pretty nice bread that won't tear the roof of your mouth to shreds...order it with banana peppers, and if you don't want too much oil and vinegar, tell them to go a little easy on it.

A whole one is enough to feed three normal people, or me twice.

If only one person takes this advice, my work here is done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2011, 10:41 AM

1,498 posts, read 3,465,002 times
Man Rushmore you are killing me. I have been wanting to go there for the longest time and nonbody wants to go. A co worker went the other night with his BIL and they tried to conquer the Fat Sandy. My co worker could only eat half but his BIL did finish it. They also got to watch a guy fail miserably at the ghost chili hot wing challenge. My wife is taking her mom tot he movies soon and Ill be home alone for the day, maybe Ill drive up there for late lunch.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:14 AM

913 posts, read 2,362,064 times
We wanted to go there also, but they really do not have any seating. Can't get the wife onboard unless we have seating. I barely got her to go to Tony's Chicago Hot Dogs.

Old 02-07-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Winter View Post
Man Rushmore you are killing me. I have been wanting to go there for the longest time and nonbody wants to go. A co worker went the other night with his BIL and they tried to conquer the Fat Sandy. My co worker could only eat half but his BIL did finish it. They also got to watch a guy fail miserably at the ghost chili hot wing challenge. My wife is taking her mom tot he movies soon and Ill be home alone for the day, maybe Ill drive up there for late lunch.
To be honest, I have been underwhelmed by most of their menu. They have some "fat sandwiches" that remind me of the scene in "Uncle Buck" where McCauley Culkin says that Uncle Buck is "cooking their garbage." I mean, who needs a "cheesesteak/chicken finger/tater tot" sandwich, really?

But damn, that cold cut sandwich is goooood.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:01 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,887,077 times
Wow Rushmore, sorry to hear about your virus. Someone on here recently wondered where you were. Hope you're both getting better.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.cool View Post
Wow Rushmore, sorry to hear about your virus. Someone on here recently wondered where you were. Hope you're both getting better.
Thanks.

Note to self: If you're going to move to Florida and be in the beautiful Florida weather and have a super duper healthy lifestyle and increased general health, DO NOT leave Florida and visit the Frozen Tundra of the Northeast for any reason if possible. You will regret it.

At one point, we got stuck in a car for NINE hours, behind a jack-knifed tractor trailer on I-83, not moving, in a snow storm in Baltimore. At another point, I think I made a delirious deal with God to never leave Florida again.

And of course, it has to be the Longest Flu Ever, so we're STILL not past it yet.

Ugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area