U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 01:50 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,148,537 times

Advertisements

My MIL was just at our house in North Port and said it's probably time for us to get someone to mow for us until we get there. So, any recommendations for a reliable honest service? I don't want to sign a contract as I'll be doing it myself when we move in a few months. I just want to have them do it probably once a month for now?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2011, 02:36 PM

1,580 posts, read 2,963,816 times
any neighbors you could ask that could refer you a company? any neighbors kids looking to make a couple bucks?

Old 02-22-2011, 02:54 PM

Oh my that is a wonderful idea. Too bad I don't know any of them yet but that sure would work out nicely. Maybe I need to get my MIL to go back down and scour the neighborhood for some teenagers!

I would just LOVE to go cut it myself, we had 8 inches of snow last night and are so tired of shoveling and snow blowing!

Old 02-22-2011, 04:31 PM

7,511 posts, read 21,700,144 times
Pete Savino, Hollywood Lawn Care, 941-286-7675. I've used him many times and have been pleased every time.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:39 PM

Thank you SOFLGAL. I will call him this week. It's always nice to have a recommendation from someone in the area!!

Old 02-22-2011, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nphomeowner View Post
Thank you SOFLGAL. I will call him this week. It's always nice to have a recommendation from someone in the area!!
Sure, no problem. I believe he also does Big Houses personal residence so he could probably chime in as well.

I've used him about 5-6 times for various out of state or investor clients and everyone has been happy.

If you need any repair work done I usually use Mike Rinck's Handyman Service, 941-628-3301. He is licensed and can do just about anything.

Also Edgewater Homes could probably do most repair work you might need.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:54 PM

62 posts, read 168,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nphomeowner View Post
My MIL was just at our house in North Port and said it's probably time for us to get someone to mow for us until we get there. So, any recommendations for a reliable honest service? I don't want to sign a contract as I'll be doing it myself when we move in a few months. I just want to have them do it probably once a month for now?
if the gentleman that soflgal recommended don't get back with you, send me a dm and i can help as well, as i have a lawn and landscape service in north port, but call pete first. don't wanna step on anybody toes.

Old 02-23-2011, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billslawn89 View Post
if the gentleman that soflgal recommended don't get back with you, send me a dm and i can help as well, as i have a lawn and landscape service in north port, but call pete first. don't wanna step on anybody toes.
Sorry Bill! I haven't seen you in so long I had forgot about you

DM me over your contact info again, if you would

Old 02-23-2011, 07:36 AM

6,103 posts, read 14,266,365 times
Oh my!! SoFlGal is gonna give away all my great friends. They'll get so busy they won't want to take care of me anymore!

But, I can't deny - they are both good people and will do a good job for ya! Pete, also lets me know if there is anything else that needs my attention when I'm gone. I've had Mike come and bail me out of a couple problem projects that I started and decided to throw my hands up in the air and say No mas! No mas!

Old 02-23-2011, 12:49 PM

Oh sure now I have to pick one of these guys huh? How do I do this, draw straws???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>