Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2011, 02:30 PM

8 posts, read 22,029 times

Advertisements

I am excited! I have booked a vacation to Bradenton Fl! I originally wanted to stay closer to Clearwater, but it gets scarey dealing with people online and not really knowing where you are going etc... Well, I found someone that I felt good working with and decided to go for it. Now I just want to ask for any information anyone can tell me about the area. I saw there are some museums. How are the beaches ?? Safe area? Any tourist attractions in the area I should be sure to go to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 02:34 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,191,933 times
I moved your thread to the Sarasota forum. These folks can give you the info. Long Boat Key is beautiful. One of the prettiest in FL IMO.

Old 03-07-2011, 02:54 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,918,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeecat1 View Post
I am excited! I have booked a vacation to Bradenton Fl! I originally wanted to stay closer to Clearwater, but it gets scarey dealing with people online and not really knowing where you are going etc... Well, I found someone that I felt good working with and decided to go for it. Now I just want to ask for any information anyone can tell me about the area. I saw there are some museums. How are the beaches ?? Safe area? Any tourist attractions in the area I should be sure to go to?
Bradenton is a big city. There are some nice areas and some not so nice areas. Where are you staying?

Anna Maria Island has some beautiful beaches. Siesta Key rated the #2 beach in the world by Dr. Beach.

If you like museums then you should check out Ringling Museum of Art. South Florida Museum is pretty cool, that's in Bradenton. Mote Marine, Jungle Gardens and Selby Gardens are also neat to visit.

Do you have kids traveling with you? I can give some more recommendations as well.

Old 03-07-2011, 03:18 PM

Thank you !!

Location is 50th St Ct W, Bradenton, FL 34210

Yes I have kids!

Old 03-07-2011, 03:20 PM

My kids are ages 9, 11, 13, and 16.

Old 03-07-2011, 05:08 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,085,469 times
Make sure you check out Anna Marie Island.

Old 03-07-2011, 05:09 PM

1,498 posts, read 3,464,753 times
Not a bad part of town by any means. Keep your activities on Anna Maria Island and you should have a great trip. Stay away from 14th st / US41 near downtown and the area around the baseball stadium. If you guys like hot wings check out Wings and Things on Cortez rd, west of 75th st west. Its on the way out to the island. It looks like a hole but the wings are the best in town.

Old 03-07-2011, 05:16 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,918,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeecat1 View Post
My kids are ages 9, 11, 13, and 16.
Your kids should like everything I listed previously, with the exception of Ringling. My oldest, who is 18, loves Ringling but she's an art student. My 13 & 6 year old aren't really impressed with it.

You might also want to try GWIZ in Sarasota or MOSI in Tampa. You could also check out Big Cat Rescue. If you want to make a day of it travel down to the Punta Gorda area and go on Babcock Wilderness Adventures or go out for the day on a kayak trip with Jamie at paddleboardthesouth.com

Old 03-08-2011, 09:15 PM

4,615 posts, read 7,535,442 times
Anna Maria Island has lots of great local restaurants, but for beaches I personally like Coquina Beach just south of Anna Marie better for both size of the beach and the picnic tables and shade trees.

My favorite beach is on north end of Longboat Key (south across the bridge from Coquina Beach), but you have to look carefully for the public beach access signs as many of the private homes and condos on LB Key do not like sharing their beaches with us outsiders. They tend to have your car towed if you park where you're not supposed to.

There are lots of festivals, seafood festivals, fairs, car shows and other events going on this time of year around the Bradenton - Sarasota area. What month are you visiting?

You might also try checking out events at:
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

or the Bradenton Herald has info at Bradenton.com

Hope you have a great time!

Last edited by Yac; 07-14-2011 at 04:49 AM..

Old 03-09-2011, 10:27 AM

1,342 posts, read 2,066,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
Bradenton is a big city. There are some nice areas and some not so nice areas. Where are you staying?

Anna Maria Island has some beautiful beaches. Siesta Key rated the #2 beach in the world by Dr. Beach.

If you like museums then you should check out Ringling Museum of Art. South Florida Museum is pretty cool, that's in Bradenton. Mote Marine, Jungle Gardens and Selby Gardens are also neat to visit.

Do you have kids traveling with you? I can give some more recommendations as well.
I'd say Bradenton has the square mileage a big city has or maybe close to Tampa, but as far as things to do, nowhere near as many in my opinion. Only if your 45 and up I'd say unless your into a whole different scene. If you want an indie scene like me, this is so not the place to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area