Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 02:56 PM

6 posts, read 8,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Rules View Post
Most of the condos/townhomes have rules about tenants now being allowed to have pets, so your best bet with 2 dogs is to look for homes to rent.

If you're willing to look at a smaller 2 bedroom, 1 or 2 bath home in the neighborhoods given here, you might find something in the $800 - $900 a month range.

When you say your employment will be in south Bradenton, is it west towards US41 or more east towards I75? Commute times in Sarasota can get pretty long, especially in the winter. Gulf Gate would be a 45 minute drive (one way) to south Bradenton during the winter "season." I know, as I live in south Manatee county myself and make that trip frequently.

The Whitfield area is a good suggestion. If your job is located closer to I75 in east Bradenton, then subdivisions off of I75 at Bee Ridge such as Sarasota Springs, Ridgewood, Brentwood or Lake Sarasota might work for you as it's usually faster to take the interstate to one of the 2 Bradenton exits than commute through town. You should find rentals in all of those neighborhoods in your price range.

Good luck with your search and welcome to Bradenton.
thanks! potential employment would be just west of the bayshore gardens area. yes, i do not want to a long stoplight-ridden commute. in my travels to florida i have experienced the stop and go driving. i think i once was at a stoplight 5 green lights in a row and noticed a mcdonalds and a starbucks within sight in all four directions. i do not want to experience this on a daily basis for the purpose of my sanity! keep me in mind with anything you may see. thx!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2011, 03:28 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leroy7 View Post
thanks! potential employment would be just west of the bayshore gardens area. yes, i do not want to a long stoplight-ridden commute. in my travels to florida i have experienced the stop and go driving. i think i once was at a stoplight 5 green lights in a row and noticed a mcdonalds and a starbucks within sight in all four directions. i do not want to experience this on a daily basis for the purpose of my sanity! keep me in mind with anything you may see. thx!
Wow, then you could not possibly do better than Whitfield which I recommended to you! Bayshore Gardens is only a mile up the road. Unfortunately the house I was thinking of here has been rented, but there may be others on the other side of the highway, Whitfield is a pretty big neighborhood. I do recommend you look around in here! Check Craigslist and put in "Whitfield" under rentals.

Old 04-21-2011, 11:17 PM

4,615 posts, read 7,537,235 times
Some parts of Bayshore Gardens are ok, others I'd skip. That particular subdivision was in the local paper last week because an arsonist has been setting vacant homes on fire recently. The vacant homes were apparently all in foreclosure.

There are some nice areas just north of Bayshore Gardens if you're going to work in SW Bradenton, off of 34th Street W, near El Conquistador, or NW of there, north of 53rd Ave W in the West Glenn - Glenn Lakes area. I'd recommend staying away from the duplexes along 34th St W. Cape Vista is a subdivision off of Cortez Rd that may have rentals in your price range. Once you learn the "back" roads we locals take, you can avoid a lot of the seasonal traffic when traveling around that part of Bradenton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area