Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 12:27 AM

509 posts, read 907,304 times

Advertisements

Clarabella, I'll just say this, an extensive police investigation doesn't always get at the truth of the matter. Neither does a trial, think OJ Simpson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2012, 12:31 AM

Ok Kellygreene. There was no crime in the 30s, that is something we only have now. In the past no one ever robbed or stole.

Old 09-03-2012, 05:07 AM

125 posts, read 197,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frida7 View Post
Clarabella, I'll just say this, an extensive police investigation doesn't always get at the truth of the matter. Neither does a trial, think OJ Simpson.
So your friend went to the cops the next day with this very important information? The cops wanted evidence that they were looking for drugs.....there was none.

Old 09-03-2012, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarabella View Post
So your friend went to the cops the next day with this very important information? The cops wanted evidence that they were looking for drugs.....there was none.
I'm not upholding him for not getting involved, I just found this out, it's too late now to do anything about it, & if he didn't want to get involved, there is nothing I can do to change that. That said, he is someone I know personally, not a friend.

Old 09-03-2012, 06:09 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
Folks.. I have cleaned up this thread. Please remember this forum is to discuss issues in Sarasota/Bradenton/Venice only.

Please do not hijack the thread discussing something that happened in another city.

Old 09-03-2012, 07:40 AM

125 posts, read 197,211 times
Quote:
I'm not upholding him for not getting involved, I just found this out, it's too late now to do anything about it, & if he didn't want to get involved, there is nothing I can do to change that. That said, he is someone I know personally, not a friend.
It's never too late to do the right thing, it's so obviously untrue.....I'm done w this thread, just can't stand to see lies spread about the victims. Their friends and family know the truth. I guess i will just have to be satisfied w that.

Old 09-03-2012, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarabella View Post
It's never too late to do the right thing, it's so obviously untrue.....I'm done w this thread, just can't stand to see lies spread about the victims. Their friends and family know the truth. I guess i will just have to be satisfied w that.
I don't know who you're calling a liar clara, but for someone who supposedly " can't stand" it, you certainly did insinuate yourself into the conversation when you did not have to.
Believe it, or don't, makes no difference to me, I'm not trying to convince you or anyone else, I'm stating what was told to me, and why I believe it.

Old 09-03-2012, 09:39 AM

72 posts, read 184,183 times
Quote:
Ok Kellygreene. There was no crime in the 30s, that is something we only have now. In the past no one ever robbed or stole.

Didn't say there was NO crime, although my grandmother could and did walk all through her city without ever being robbed, mugged, attacked etc. Did say that joblessness and poverty in Sarasota, or anywhere else, don't cause crime. We are not talking here about people stealing food for their families, we are talking about hoodlums with chips on their shoulders who like to hurt innocent people or are oblivious to the pain they cause.

Old 09-03-2012, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellygreene View Post
Didn't say there was NO crime, although my grandmother could and did walk all through her city without ever being robbed, mugged, attacked etc. Did say that joblessness and poverty in Sarasota, or anywhere else, don't cause crime. We are not talking here about people stealing food for their families, we are talking about hoodlums with chips on their shoulders who like to hurt innocent people or are oblivious to the pain they cause.
Ok, I hear ya. Do you think that karma will take care of that, and people get back what they gave?

Old 09-03-2012, 12:55 PM

39 posts, read 52,756 times
With all similar cases the public (us) will never have all of the facts.

If Frida7 has information he thinks wasn't available at the trial he should go to the authorities with it. It is irrelevant that the case has been heard,. The families of those victims may still be tortured with unanswered questions.

To Frida 7

If you are a troll go away but if you know what you sat be a man and do the right thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area