U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2011, 12:38 PM

3,970 posts, read 6,056,634 times

Advertisements

The annual Siesta Fiesta on Siesta Key is this weekend. The community combines an outdoor street party with a huge arts & crafts fair. I read that this year they will have over 250 artists & vendors. There's also going to be a green market selling plants, orchids, etc.

Time to slap on some sunscreen and head on out.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 11:48 PM

5,411 posts, read 7,435,984 times
OK, so I was at Siesta Key for the first time last Sat. (5/7). There were HUNDREDS of college students (or just young folks) on the beach with kegs of beer and an elaborate ice luge for shots. I was surprised alcohol is permitted on the beach. I asked one of the girls what it was all about (she tried to convince me to do a shot from the ice luge....I reluctantly declined). She said it was the "5th annual Siesta Fiesta" and this was her first time, and what a great party it is, etc. etc. So I get home and google Siesta Fiesta, and find out it's either an art festival or volleyball tournament or both, but in any event, it's listed as being the "3rd annual", on the last weekend of April or the first weekend in May. So now I'm wondering whether the girl just did too many ice luge shots...LOL. In any event, it was a huge party and the beach was packed!

Old 05-13-2011, 09:27 AM

477 posts, read 928,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
OK, so I was at Siesta Key for the first time last Sat. (5/7). There were HUNDREDS of college students (or just young folks) on the beach with kegs of beer and an elaborate ice luge for shots. I was surprised alcohol is permitted on the beach. I asked one of the girls what it was all about (she tried to convince me to do a shot from the ice luge....I reluctantly declined). She said it was the "5th annual Siesta Fiesta" and this was her first time, and what a great party it is, etc. etc. So I get home and google Siesta Fiesta, and find out it's either an art festival or volleyball tournament or both, but in any event, it's listed as being the "3rd annual", on the last weekend of April or the first weekend in May. So now I'm wondering whether the girl just did too many ice luge shots...LOL. In any event, it was a huge party and the beach was packed!
Last weekend (5/7) was a sand sculpture contest for all ages on Siesta Key. My daughter was there with her friend and took pics. DH and I couldn't find parking so we went to Turtle Beach but it ended up being a good decision. I usually don't like to go there but it was not crowded at all. The water was so beautiful! Layers of beautiful blues....

Old 05-13-2011, 12:20 PM

385 posts, read 1,084,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
It wasn't Siesta Fiesta, that already took place. Like someone mentioned the sand sculpture contest. We have a lot of colleges in Sarasota/Bradenton so a lot young people celebrating the end of the semester I'm sure.

Old 05-15-2011, 02:15 AM

5,411 posts, read 7,435,984 times
That's pretty funny that the girl thought she was attending the "5th Annual Siesta Fiesta". Or maybe it was their own version of the Fiesta. I didn't see any sand sculptures going on, but yes, it was so crowded I couldn't see much of anything. The parking lot was like Christmas at the mall. If I hadn't promised to meet my friend there, I would've gone elsewhere too. I like peace and quiet at my beaches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area