U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2011, 07:53 AM

1,236 posts, read 3,734,099 times

Advertisements

As a serious Wannabee I'm honing in on "the best" in the following items ~~~ so please be specific ~~

(1) Best health food supermarket

(2) Best fitness center with indoor pool

(3) Best Thai restaurant

(4) Best thrift shop

(5) Best downtown to walk around and window-shop

(6) Best beach, not too crowded

(7) Best place to rent a condo or townhouse within a couple of miles from all of the above !!

THANKS for all replies
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 09:03 AM

879 posts, read 1,762,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyIsBabe View Post
As a serious Wannabee I'm honing in on "the best" in the following items ~~~ so please be specific ~~

I'm a newbie here but i will help where i can

(1) Best health food supermarket

whole foods and fresh market are nice but you aren't gonna wanna drive a half hour + to get there if you are in Venice. I am north of Venice and it takes that long. I just don't go unless i am in that area.

There are small little health food stores like richard's whole foods and the Granary - i'd say the Granary is pretty good, it's on Stickney Point convenient enough for me.

(2) Best fitness center with indoor pool

(3) Best Thai restaurant

(4) Best thrift shop

I like the big goodwill in Venice,always find good weird stuff. i also like angela's or what ever it's called in Nokomis on 41. funky little shop. the salvation armies here are awful stores. the goodwills are so organized it's crazy. and the goodwill bookstore in venice. i also like the big goodwill i pass on the way to the airport

(5) Best downtown to walk around and window-shop

venice is really cute, i like to get sushi at bushido, ice cream at kilwins, walk around etc. we are a youngish family & venice is definitely olllddeerr but i like going because it's easy to park any time of year and a cute little main st.

(6) Best beach, not too crowded
siesta key. when it his the worst time of year and you can't get a parking spot the beach itself still isn't crowded (comparing to a long island beach on memorial day weekend! lol ) nokomis beach is fun but the sand is pretty rough, my kids don't like it.

(7) Best place to rent a condo or townhouse within a couple of miles from all of the above !!

THANKS for all replies

Good luck!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area