U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 08:14 AM

9 posts, read 13,561 times

Advertisements

Hi here is a short bio of US Myself & Husband just about hitting our 50's with a 10 yr old son along with our two dogs

we are transferring and relocating to Venice area soon and have been searching for a rental home ... our budget would be 7-850 and we would like to bring the dogs with us if we can. We are hardworking, clean and responsible adults who are fairly quiet and like to BBQ , ride our bikes and go fishing and the beach . impossible???

DH found that he really liked the Venice schools and we can't help but wonder there has to be family friendly areas ... in Venice? or should we expand our search area?

""dreaming of palm trees""
LS
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 08:38 AM

7,511 posts, read 21,321,485 times
The South Venice area might be a place to start. You could find something in your rental range for sure. Here's a link that tells more about the area: South Venice Beach There are about 7000 homes in the south Venice area. One of the unique things about the South Venice area is their ferry system that takes you over to the beaches. This area has a HOA fee but it's very inexpensive. Shamrock Park is also located in the South Venice area. It has basketball & tennis courts, nature walks and a clubhouse.

Nearby Venice Gardens would be another good option.

Another idea is Stoneybrook of Venice but I'm not sure if you could find something in there in your rental range though. It has basketball, tennis and volleyball courts, pool, spa, children's pool, a big clubhouse with exercise and fitness facilities and a movie theater, and a roller hockey rink.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:25 AM

1,580 posts, read 2,907,935 times
my wife and i are not that much off from where you are in age. we have 3 kids. my 2 boys are a couple years older than yours. one in venice middle school and one in venice high. i assume your son would be starting at venice middle. it is a really good school and we have been impressed with the staff there.

having the dogs will limit your rental possibilities.

we like the area and enjoy being here. you didnt say where you are relocating from. if you decide on venice you will be among the younger ones here. it is very quiet, which is why we like it.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:31 AM

1,439 posts, read 2,721,127 times
As SoFLGal said, South Venice is probably the most family friendly and you may find something in that price range. Stoneybrook is another good choice for family atmosphere, but the rental price range may be higher.

Venice Gardens has very few young families in comparison, and its mostly older people without children.

North Port is only a short distance and you would definately find it to be more family friendly than Venice and has some lovely newer homes for rent in your price range. I would definately look into North Port. Check out their schools too.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinoutofjersey View Post

we like the area and enjoy being here. you didnt say where you are relocating from. if you decide on venice you will be among the younger ones here. it is very quiet, which is why we like it.
...exactly what we were thinking... quiet ... they way we like it
my biggest fear is the boy would be the only kid on the block ...
we are currently in Ohio and look forward to our new life

thank you everyone for your input

Old 05-04-2011, 10:58 AM

The average age in Venice is 68 but I would venture to say that the south Venice area has a much younger demographic.

I went to Venice Elementary as kid and my oldest did as well. I was very impressed with their gifted program at Venice Elementary.

Old 05-05-2011, 08:01 AM

913 posts, read 2,201,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
Shamrock Park is also located in the South Venice area. It has basketball & tennis courts, nature walks and a clubhouse.

Nearby Venice Gardens would be another good option.
Where is the community pool? I remember when we were thinking of a house, until we bought our condo, there was a community pool in south Venice. It was the only community pool we found in the Sarasota-Venice area.

Old 05-05-2011, 08:23 AM

I'm not aware of a community pool in South Venice. There is, however one, in Venice Gardens.

Old 05-05-2011, 08:55 AM

nevermind the pool!! i need to find a house!!! lol just kidding! all this searching got me bug eyed!!!! ughh made contact with few rental agents that were not very helpful...even if we minus the dogs ...one fellow and I talked for quite a while and he was going to send me more "relocation" info well what was what a week ago... can anyone point me in a good direction?

thanks for all the help

Old 05-05-2011, 09:09 AM

913 posts, read 2,201,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
I'm not aware of a community pool in South Venice. There is, however one, in Venice Gardens.
Ok, how about south of downtown Venice, in Venice Gardens?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area