Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 12:41 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,999,466 times

Advertisements

Since you have a DVR, you must only be watching shows in the middle of the night! LOL!

I can't stand to watch commercials. If it's not recorded, I'm not watching.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 10:46 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,302,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zel Ya View Post
rant
Geez, chill out. It's just a commercial.

Old 05-19-2011, 07:26 AM

219 posts, read 676,997 times
Default bad commercials

how about those three stooges like guys trying to sell cabinets?

Old 05-19-2011, 05:04 PM

473 posts, read 1,167,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
Don't hold your breath on that one! Not only is he becoming HUUUUUUUGE in SWFL, he is also HUUUUUUUGE in WNY apparently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithfulFrank View Post
Actually, I have read some articles about Billy. He has done a lot of good here in Western NY. I've spoken to some car salesman who have told me that he has been the best dealer boss they have ever had.

Of course I don't know him personally, but he is totally smarter then he comes across on TV. He is a self made multi millionaire. He makes much more on holding the credit then he does on the sale of the cars.

What I think is funny is that his straight man, Tom Parks, is on commercials both here in Western NY and in Orlando...so either house I am at I see Tom Parks. In a goofy way it feels good, like an old friend. Yes, I know I'm nuts.

Frank

Frank I laughed when I read that. Tom Parks as an old friend making the move or vacation with you lol.

BH This guy is HUUUUGGGGEEEE AAAHH. I believe at the rate he is going his intentions are to become the largest dealer in the Country. I didn't know he had set up shop down there also. He is everywhere in NY. Buffalo, Syracuse, Albany and others. And he doesn't do just one manufacturer he does many. Chevy, Toyota, Hyundai and on and on. He specializes in ridiculously cheap prices.
He does that by offering pretty much stripped down cars. Oh and Frank I know someone up here who worked for him and says he is a ball buster. You are forced to work ridiculous hours and Holidays and the Fucillo 500 means if you have a family you wont see them.
I dont like the guy and I see him at Shea's and thinks it's all schtick. He has done some very nice things for the community at large here. He donates cars and probably much more than anyone knows about in other ways like $$$$$

All you need to know swfl is that it's gonna be HUGE AH. I feel so sorry for you all

I think I spelled huge ah wrong for the way he says it. Just know this swfl it's gonna be you ge ah.

Old 05-19-2011, 06:56 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
I couldn't believe the first time I saw Billy on TV down here. I'd moved from NNY 4 years ago and was thrilled that I wouldn't have to listen to his stupid commercials anymore....and then the guy follows me to Florida! AAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!

Old 05-20-2011, 02:32 PM

1,120 posts, read 2,591,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret111 View Post

Geez, chill out. It's just a commercial.

I totally disagree:

1. Some dwarfs are disabled. Some dwarfs have mentioned on TV that they endure pain. Some dwarfs walk with a limp.

Making of fun of a disability ain't cool. And there's elements of that in the commercial.

2. TV is a powerful force. Just like music is a powerful force. Kids are highly-influenced by TV and commercials.

I suppose you think degrading women in a song is certainly OK. It's just music.

Old 05-20-2011, 02:53 PM

1,978 posts, read 4,406,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zel Ya View Post
I totally disagree:

1. Some dwarfs are disabled. Some dwarfs have mentioned on TV that they endure pain. Some dwarfs walk with a limp.

Making of fun of a disability ain't cool. And there's elements of that in the commercial.

2. TV is a powerful force. Just like music is a powerful force. Kids are highly-influenced by TV and commercials.

I suppose you think degrading women in a song is certainly OK. It's just music.
Markoff Chaney could not have said it better.

Old 05-20-2011, 02:56 PM

1,978 posts, read 4,406,216 times
Somewhat related...

YouTube - ‪Tim Misny- Legal Warrior‬‏

Old 05-21-2011, 05:59 AM

2,903 posts, read 12,532,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerme1 View Post
Frank I laughed when I read that. Tom Parks as an old friend making the move or vacation with you lol.

BH This guy is HUUUUGGGGEEEE AAAHH. I believe at the rate he is going his intentions are to become the largest dealer in the Country. I didn't know he had set up shop down there also. He is everywhere in NY. Buffalo, Syracuse, Albany and others. And he doesn't do just one manufacturer he does many. Chevy, Toyota, Hyundai and on and on. He specializes in ridiculously cheap prices.
He does that by offering pretty much stripped down cars. Oh and Frank I know someone up here who worked for him and says he is a ball buster. You are forced to work ridiculous hours and Holidays and the Fucillo 500 means if you have a family you wont see them.
I dont like the guy and I see him at Shea's and thinks it's all schtick. He has done some very nice things for the community at large here. He donates cars and probably much more than anyone knows about in other ways like $$$$$

All you need to know swfl is that it's gonna be HUGE AH. I feel so sorry for you all

I think I spelled huge ah wrong for the way he says it. Just know this swfl it's gonna be you ge ah.
Yeah.....I hear ya. If you do a youtube search on him you will see some commercials that show a side that is not so impressive.....bad words, etc. He says that in south Texas, his commercials have him as "Billy Fernandez". That seems a tad unethical to me.....but who knows, I do not want to judge a person I do not know personally. I do admire his rags to riches story. America....what a country!!

Frank

Old 05-22-2011, 05:41 PM

233 posts, read 720,679 times
If you are from the Bradenton area, one of the worst used to be Tom Stimus pounding on the hood of a car. But guess what? After all these years, I still remember his name. I guess that's the point, isn't it? Good entertainment!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area