Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 01:10 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,462,454 times

Advertisements

Just want to say thank you to the folks of Sarasota and surrounding areas that make this such a terrific place to live or just visit if so be. I tell you there are days, when some humans get on my last nerve, but for the most part, I mostly encounter the best of the best in Sarasota county.

Maybe I'm just lucky, but every where I go people have been extremely pleasant and helpful. Whenever someone sees me having difficulty with carrrying or using an item, be it at stores, on the street at the beach, they offer to assist. I've had so many nice encounters with the locals and new transplants to the area that I really sometimes just wonder if I'm so irresistibly cute that people can't help but be nice to me when they come across my path. Nah they probably think, poor helpless idiot, I better help her before she does some harm.

Also, to those that left me with a big grin on my face just in the last two days this one's for you.

A million thanks to the young gal that gave me a ride up the street when the bus driver let me off at the wrong place Friday. Thank you to the two different couples in and near Wally World, (I never knew what Wally World was till recently), that were so nice to go out of their way to be so helpful. I made it home in one piece. I'm physically getting to old to be let out on the street by myself. Considering all that's been taken from my life, some would say I haven't much to be thankful for, but I am so appreciative for the kindness of strangers. The simple gestures make a tremendous difference in at least this person's life.

Moving to Sarasota has been one of the best decisions I've made in years. Btw, I have friends from CC that I get together with at least twice a month and they are some of the best most welcoming people you ever want to know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2011, 02:05 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,121,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Just want to say thank you to the folks of Sarasota and surrounding areas that make this such a terrific place to live or just visit if so be. I tell you there are days, when some humans get on my last nerve, but for the most part, I mostly encounter the best of the best in Sarasota county.

Maybe I'm just lucky, but every where I go people have been extremely pleasant and helpful. Whenever someone sees me having difficulty with carrrying or using an item, be it at stores, on the street at the beach, they offer to assist. I've had so many nice encounters with the locals and new transplants to the area that I really sometimes just wonder if I'm so irresistibly cute that people can't help but be nice to me when they come across my path. Nah they probably think, poor helpless idiot, I better help her before she does some harm.

Also, to those that left me with a big grin on my face just in the last two days this one's for you.

A million thanks to the young gal that gave me a ride up the street when the bus driver let me off at the wrong place Friday. Thank you to the two different couples in and near Wally World, (I never knew what Wally World was till recently), that were so nice to go out of their way to be so helpful. I made it home in one piece. I'm physically getting to old to be let out on the street by myself. Considering all that's been taken from my life, some would say I haven't much to be thankful for, but I am so appreciative for the kindness of strangers. The simple gestures make a tremendous difference in at least this person's life.

Moving to Sarasota has been one of the best decisions I've made in years. Btw, I have friends from CC that I get together with at least twice a month and they are some of the best most welcoming people you ever want to know.
Awwww, thank YOU for taking the time to make such a sweet post! I am sure you are a lovely person to be around and you emanate good vibes and that makes people want to help you. I agree this is a wonderful area to be in, I say all the time how grateful I am to live in this beautiful neighborhood in this beautiful city with the best neighbors I have ever had. Makes a big difference.

So glad the move has been positive for you!

Old 06-04-2011, 04:56 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,085,469 times
I'm glad you made a move that you are really happy with. I hope that coming here, and getting to know some of us, and hearing a balanced view point - by all posters, alike, helped to give you good expectations and that all those expectations will be exceeded.

Great post - I like it!

Old 06-04-2011, 05:14 PM

275 posts, read 715,178 times
Nominate for post of the month. Do we even have a post of the month?

Old 06-04-2011, 05:28 PM

374 posts, read 945,472 times
I second the nomination!!! And to the OP, I suspect those who stopped to help you were left with even bigger smiles and happy hearts. Why...i'm smiling right now . Thank you!

Old 06-04-2011, 07:12 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,462,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
I'm glad you made a move that you are really happy with. I hope that coming here, and getting to know some of us, and hearing a balanced view point - by all posters, alike, helped to give you good expectations and that all those expectations will be exceeded.

Great post - I like it!
When looking for a specific area of Sarasota, coming here to this section of city-data was absolutely a great help. The info is there if one is willing to do the necessary research. I knew from reading the old threads which areas were safe and clean, which areas were questionable. I was put off by some of the negative banter that took place ever so often, but that takes place on every message board, some people just wake up on the wrong side of the planet every day of life and need to make everyone they come near feel as miserable as themselves. I have come to enjoy getting to know many of the personalities that frequent this area of the boards, it's always great to hear the stories and find out what's going on with people by how they share pictures memories, adventures and how people just share and help by offering valuable insights to the area.

I may not find every single thing about the area perfect, though Sarasota has most everything that makes it pretty perfect for a water lover like me, leaving politics and such aside this is one place that I feel lucky to call home. Anyway, I'm still going to have my moments of discontent so I may complain about something on occasion as not to loose my card carrying status as a bonified former NY'er Jerseyite. But I'm not going to come to the boards to feed the animals. Oh and like Sarasota, I'm far from perfect, I know, hard to tell, so it's no big deal when someone gets tired of all this perfectness which is me and wants to try to push my buttons, unfortunately, my buttons stopped working a long time ago, that is except for the iggy one, so when I'm being a pain, (I know not possible) ya might as well use your pass card and move on to the next. Don't feed the animals.

Thank you all for your kind words. I'm really not that nice, sometimes.

Old 06-04-2011, 09:23 PM

1,439 posts, read 2,919,835 times
TRosa, your gratitude and humility are inspiring. Thank you for posting it!

Old 06-05-2011, 01:10 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,304,477 times
What a very nice post. Hopefully someday we will be able to post the same.

Please make sure you post in the Success thread of those who moved to Florida.

With all the negativity this post puts a lot of that to rest.

Thanks for sharing, it was sweet to read.

Old 06-05-2011, 05:00 AM

531 posts, read 1,161,750 times
TRosa, thank you, so much, for your nice post....you've made my heart smile!

Old 06-05-2011, 06:21 AM

10 posts, read 12,630 times
I will be there soon too! I can't wait!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
View detailed profiles of: