Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 07:53 AM

159 posts, read 320,813 times

Advertisements

I have posted this question on here before, but am asking again in hopes that someone will be able to help me out. I am looking for 2-3 month rental in the Siesta Key /Sarasota area. We would arrive Jan 15 (approx)...leave April 15 (approx). We need 2 bed/ 2 bath....dog friendly. I have looked on VRBO...and other rental sites, and if we had no dog and price was not an issue...I would have something rented by now. I cannot even get Stringer Management to get back to me....not sure of any other rental agencies around. Does anyone know of any???

Time is ticking away, and I am tired of the search. I want something nice, prefer main level as my Mom may visit and does not do stairs. This can't be that hard! With all of the places for sale down there, how can rentals be that hard to find?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2011, 08:00 AM

5,663 posts, read 10,676,599 times
You didn't mention your price but I have a feeling you've already answered your own question. Seasonal rentals are often 2-3x the amount per month that the annual rate would be. It's simply supply and demand. The dog makes it a little tougher but I have the feeling that rate is probably the issue for you. How much are you willing to pay?

Old 06-17-2011, 08:03 AM

Default Help with rental

We could go as high as 3200 a month for a nice place, but if I could pay less then I could stay longer. I am really trying to get a feel for what it's like to live there, because eventually I would like to purchase and stay at least 6 months!

Old 06-17-2011, 08:05 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,829,397 times
If you don't care about price then maybe try Jeanette Properties. I know they have rentals out on Siesta. Just so you know. Many of the places out on Siesta are $3k per week. You might be able to find something though.

Old 06-17-2011, 08:05 AM

Also, I have looked at some of the apartments in the area, but am really reluctant to rent any of those, not being familiar of the area. Some complexes can look a lot different in real life than they do in the little pictures on the web.

Old 06-17-2011, 08:06 AM

Jeanette properties has NOTHING in my price range! And not too many dog friendly ones either. They are very high!

Old 06-17-2011, 08:11 AM

Siestakeybeachrentals.com has a few things. I think you're going to find to extremely hard to find anything that accepts pets though.

You could also try petvacationhomes.com or rvasiesta.com

Old 06-17-2011, 08:15 AM

5,663 posts, read 10,676,599 times
Your amount is realistic, IMHO, for properties out our way (Lakewood Ranch, etc.) but I'm not sure about Siesta Key. I'm not sure why you are having a problem with call backs. I was going to suggest Jeanette, too. Also, many of the real estate companies handle seasonal rentals. I was recently going thru VRBO for myself for July and I saw a number of places in Anna Maria Island so you might look there, too.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:09 AM

Default Help with rental

Bbronston.....how far is Lakewood ranch from downtown Sarasota? Also we stayed in Anna Maria Island in April, and while it is beautiful...it is too quite for me. I like being close to downtown...whole foods market etc. And I prefer Siesta Key beach to Anna Maria.

I have looked at Petvacationhomes.com and so many of their listings are expired. I got frustrated., but I will try the other suggestions.

What real estate companies that you know of handle seasonal rentals?
Thanks

Old 06-17-2011, 09:31 AM

Petvr.com and siesta4rent.com are more options. It's hard to tell if they are expired or not without calling or emailing.

LWR is about 25 +/- minutes, depending on where you are in LWR and the traffic. Since you'll be here during "high season" I would add at least another 10 minutes on to that(if not more).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area