Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2011, 04:53 PM

64 posts, read 116,978 times

Advertisements

I saw a House that had tubes installed when built for Pest Control. Never had seen or heard of that before.

Is there anything similar that could be done after the fact. I wish it were mandatory.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2011, 11:36 PM

386 posts, read 1,010,850 times
We learned our house had "pest control" tubes after we purchased it and inherited the paperwork. They're great. We have a contract with the pest control company which involves the injection of the animal/child safe pesticide into the tubes every 3 months as well as an on site inspection. We have absolutely no problem with bugs or pests. I don't know about post-construction installation.

Old 06-20-2011, 08:21 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,238,298 times
We asked about that as well to our pest company..they said it has to be done at the time of construction. We have a wooded area behind our house though and have had great luck with Home Team Pest Defense. They come out every three months, do interior and exterior, and if we see any insects between those visits they come out the same day, for no charge..

Old 06-20-2011, 12:39 PM

3,979 posts, read 10,489,790 times
Yeah, the pest control tubes have to be installed while they are building the house. We have a wood frame house built in 2006 in Florida. The prior owner did not use pest control. After we moved in we found termites in the frame of our door. We had to replace the wood around the door, the door frame and the entire door. The termite company we had inspect the house before we moved in, did not find anything and we used them for our pest control. So we aren't sure when the termite action happened, but when we found it, the there were no active termites.

Anyway, we decided instead of going with the termite bait traps, we would use a total termite protection system by Truly Nolen. They came into the house and drilled holes in the wall every so many feet and sprayed into the walls. They also did the same thing outside. They drilled holes in the foundation and sprayed into the outside walls. They also drilled holes into the sidewalk around our garage. Total Termite Control Service: Money Back Guarantee | Termite Inspection, Treatment & Prevention | Termite Professionals | Termite Exterminators | Fumigation

We also use Truly Nolen for our other pest control. They come and spray. It is cheaper if you pay for the entire year than paying per time. There are many options available, but check around to see what is right for the home you have.

Old 06-20-2011, 04:50 PM

386 posts, read 1,010,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post
We asked about that as well to our pest company..they said it has to be done at the time of construction. We have a wooded area behind our house though and have had great luck with Home Team Pest Defense. They come out every three months, do interior and exterior, and if we see any insects between those visits they come out the same day, for no charge..
Home Team is the company that services our "pest tubes". They do an excellent job. We back up on a wooded area as well. Considering all that I've heard and read about the spider/bug/pest problems in Florida, I think they're doing a great job. Except for the seasonal invasion of the love bugs I haven't had a bug problem here at all. On the other hand, when I was (temporarily domiciled) in Cape Coral I had spiders the size of a shoe box, black hornets, and relentless mosquitoes.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:17 AM

913 posts, read 2,352,053 times
What's a "Saw House"? j/k
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area