Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2011, 07:41 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,262,639 times

Advertisements

Someone recommended this camp to me when I posted inquiring about somewhere for my 5 year old. I have to say, it is wonderful. I wanted to send a thank you to YOU, who recommended it (sorry, I don't remember who it was, but it was a regular!)..and also pass along the info to anyone who has a 4-8 year old looking for a summer camp..

The cost was very reasonable at only 55 bucks a week, from 9-12 and the teacher is wonderful. She is a retired preschool teacher and had great themes planned. My daughter came home every day with cute projects, and she loves it..

its in East Bradenton between Manatee and Sr 70..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2011, 08:39 PM

74 posts, read 255,721 times
It was me!! I love Lighthouse Preschool!! Not only do they have fantastic summer camps, but their preschool program is top notch. It is the best kept secret in Bradenton. My daughter attended there this past school year for preschool, and she will be attending again in the fall. The director, Mrs. Woodruff, is beyond wonderful. The other teachers are fantastic too. If you are looking for a great, inexpensive summer camp experience, or preschool, or VPK, definitely give Lighthouse Preschool a call. They have 2 more weeks of summer camp left.

Oobie, I'm SO glad you guys found it and like it! Hope your little one had a great time

Old 06-24-2011, 07:57 AM

She really did, mrs Woodruff is great! The things they did were simply put together, but so enjoyable! She's inKindergarten next year but thank you!

Old 06-30-2011, 08:23 PM

74 posts, read 255,721 times
I feel the need to follow up to this. I am no longer a supporter of Lighthouse Preschool. I learned this week that Mrs. Woodruff was let go at Lighthouse Preschool, right in the middle of the summer camp program that she was running. For the past 8 years, she was the heart and soul of that school. It is my understanding that her termination was unjust and unprofessional, and as a result, Lighthouse Kids Preschool will lose a wonderful director and more than 30+ families will be looking elsewhere for preschool/VPK. The children loved her, the parents loved her, her teaching staff loved her. The support for Mrs. Woodruff has been incredible, but the school will never be the same again. I never thought I would be saying this, but, I encourage everyone who has read this thread and considered Lighthouse Preschool for their children...start looking for another program.

Old 07-01-2011, 06:38 AM

Omg teagan hasn't gone to camp this week, but that is horrible! She was the reason I loved it! Right in the middle of the program, not only is that horrible for her, but the kids too?! Don't they realize how that is going to affect the children! Wow, I'm amazed that they have such little regard for the kids... Thanks for sharing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
View detailed profiles of: