Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 05:01 PM

8,037 posts, read 4,631,899 times

Advertisements

I can understand and expect to hear a bunch of fireworks on July 4th. But what about after July 4th - are they legal in Sarasota year-round? The neighbors next door have kids that have been setting-off loud fireworks all day today and it is very annoying! Hopefully they are just using up their leftovers from July 4th and then it will stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 05:16 PM

1,498 posts, read 3,463,918 times
Wondermint, it is not even legal on the 4th . But it is not enforced unless someone complains.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Winter View Post
Wondermint, it is not even legal on the 4th . But it is not enforced unless someone complains.
I just assumed it was legal to light them because I see them for sale everywhere in the area. I saw some for sale at the Walmart in Osprey. So it's legal to purchase them but only legal to light them in certain areas? Anyway I hate to call the cops about something like this and risk causing ill-will with the neighbors. My experience has been with 'annoyance' type things and neighbors just wait a bit longer and these things tend to get better.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:41 PM

I found this article in the Herald-Tribune that elaborates on the fireworks laws in the area. Apparently fireworks (that go boom & bang) are allowed to be sold in Charlotte County - but not in Sarasota County. However fireworks that don't go 'boom & bang' are allowed in Sarasota County. That's what I must of seen at the Osprey Walmart. Manatee county goes one step further and makes mere possession of fireworks illegal. According to the article it is basically illegal to set-off boom & bang firecrackers anywhere in the area (including Charlotte County): Fireworks laws vary by county | HeraldTribune.com

Last edited by wondermint2; 07-05-2011 at 05:58 PM..

Old 07-06-2011, 04:10 AM

1,498 posts, read 3,463,918 times
The intended use for entertainment is illegal. To buy the ones that go bang you need to sign waiver stating they are for agricultural use. I dont buy them so I asked someone that does, he has to state that they were for scaring birds of his property or something to that nature.

For years the kids next door had a great show they put on until a mental misfit moved in and called the law every 10 minutes. The kids stopped doing it a few years ago because of the police coming so often. Ironic the same mental misfit had her own fireworks this year

It still amazes me how people are so hypocritical with do as I say and not as I do mentalities.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:54 AM

1,580 posts, read 3,141,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wondermint2 View Post
I can understand and expect to hear a bunch of fireworks on July 4th. But what about after July 4th - are they legal in Sarasota year-round? The neighbors next door have kids that have been setting-off loud fireworks all day today and it is very annoying! Hopefully they are just using up their leftovers from July 4th and then it will stop.
just let it go. complain and/or call the cops and you may never hear the end of fireworks. they will eventually run out and the novelty will be over. confront them and they will resupply, probably with bigger and louder stuff.

Old 07-06-2011, 07:08 AM

1,695 posts, read 3,043,336 times
At the entrance to the Bayfront on July 4 there was a huge sign that read "Personal Fireworks Prohibitd" (Yes - they left the "e" out of prohibited)

There were at least a half dozen police standing right at the entrance. I watched many many people walk in carrying huge boxes off fireworks. No one said a thing. Considering the density of people that were there, I'd be fearful of an injury by setting off fireworks in that environment. I was told it is done every year, no one hassles anyone, and no one gets hurt there.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:43 AM

18 posts, read 91,657 times
sure wish they'd stop selling them!

Old 07-06-2011, 01:08 PM

This seems to be an editorial response in the Herald-Tribune about fireworks in the Sarasota area. I'm glad to report that my own personal situation has gotten better - as apparently my neighbors used up their remaining supply. I used to like setting-off my own fireworks when I was much younger - so I can't say I'm dead set against it on the 4th of July for those that want to do it. Other times of the year I'm against it though. Fireworks law laughable | HeraldTribune.com

Old 07-06-2011, 04:48 PM

1,580 posts, read 3,141,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chzzbgr-in-paradze View Post
sure wish they'd stop selling them!

john adams said

"The day will be most memorable in the history of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival. It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, bonfires and illuminations (fireworks) from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever more."

this has gone on since the birth of our great nation. i would think any real and proud american would love the sound of fireworks. i find it so much better to hear than small arms fire and the sound of rpg's in the street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area