Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2011, 07:15 AM

3,269 posts, read 9,904,221 times

Advertisements

I am looking for recommendations for summer camps for elementary aged boys. I'm talking for next year but I wanted to ask the question while it's fresh in minds. We don't live in Sarasota but are (still) looking for a vacation place and plan on spending next summer break down there - even if renting.

I know there is a camp at Mote which looks interesting. What else is good / fun?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2011, 07:45 AM

3,979 posts, read 10,490,803 times
My niece's son goes to the Boys and Girls Club every summer and he enjoys it. They do a variety of activities daily. My grandson goes to a Karate camp and really loves it. He goes there throughout the year and they have sleepovers and parties too. He even had his birhtday party there this year. Here are some other summer camps in Sarasota County, FL.

Sarasota YMCA Camps - Sarasota Family YMCA - Children?s Camps, Aquatics and Sports Camps (http://www.sarasota-ymca.org/programs/camps.cfm - broken link)

Sarasota County Parks and Recreation summer camps - Parks and Recreation

Boys and Girls Club - http://www.boysandgirlsclubs.com/

For a great list of summer camps go to: www.mysummercamps.com
and type in summer camps Sarasota under the search box.

Last edited by TamRE; 07-13-2011 at 07:54 AM..

Old 07-13-2011, 10:02 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,822,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrero View Post
I am looking for recommendations for summer camps for elementary aged boys. I'm talking for next year but I wanted to ask the question while it's fresh in minds. We don't live in Sarasota but are (still) looking for a vacation place and plan on spending next summer break down there - even if renting.

I know there is a camp at Mote which looks interesting. What else is good / fun?

Thanks!
We did the Mote camp a few years ago and my girls enjoyed it. I'm thinking of having my 13 year old do the sleep away camp in the Keys through Mote, next year.

This year my 13 year old did the Busch Gardens sleep over camp for two weeks. One week was Roller Coaster camp and the next was Zoo Keeper camp. She enjoyed that but it was pricey.

In August my little one is going to try out the Sailor Circus Camp up off of Bahia Vista. That same week, in the mornings, my middle girls is going to try the water sports/beach camp at Turtle Beach and put on through the county. In the afternoons she going to go to GWIZ Science camp over at the museum.

They've also done the Historic Spanish Point camp in Osprey, which is really cool. They have different activities like doing archaeological digs, taking the kids fishing, making crafts out of things found in the environment and going to the beach.

Old 07-13-2011, 08:01 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,904,221 times
Thank you both. Some good thoughts....

Old 07-13-2011, 11:07 PM

74 posts, read 254,176 times
We are currently doing the Sailing Camp with the Sarasota Youth Sailing Association. It's a 2 week day camp that meets over at the sailing club. So far, my 7 year old son is really enjoying it!

Old 07-13-2011, 11:55 PM

52 posts, read 109,930 times
Little Pilgrim Preschool runs camp all summer. Check out their website.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area