Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 01:46 PM

233 posts, read 720,816 times

Advertisements

Has anyone here used this company in the Manatee County area? I'll be checking with various other resources, but I was wondering if anyone here has used him, or if anyone has another recommendation for cleaning and sealing grout. We've moved back in to our house and with very little furniture, it's a good time to have this done. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2011, 05:42 PM

386 posts, read 1,015,421 times
I used "Sir Grout". Tiled areas (especially in the kitchen) were darkened and stained. Had 3 estimates (and presentations) and Sir Grout was the most professional and price was right. (I think I used a $100 coupon from Clipper as well). 2 workers spent 8 hours going over every inch of tile and grout, cleaning and sealing. I now use a spray solution (provided by Sir Grout) should any disasterous (red wine) spills occur. I vacuum 2x a month and use the same neutralizing solution on the tile/grout and wipe it up with a flat microfiber "mopper". Pleased with the results and easy maintenance.

Old 07-30-2011, 06:46 PM

Thank you for the information! I will be checking various companies out. I just can't do it myself. After moving again, my back hurts!! I'll call Sir Grout for an estimate.

Old 07-30-2011, 07:04 PM

Couldn't even consider doing it myself (or having DH do it) because medical bills for resulting back problems would have far exceeded any money saved! At this point in our lives there is always a risk/benefit as well as a cost/benefit analysis to be considered...

Old 08-17-2011, 06:10 PM

We went with Sir Grout and the floors look very good. Pricey, but I'm waiting to find out what happens when we spill something to see if what they said would happen, does. Three step process and 4.5 hours work. Seemed very professional. I'll keep folks updated over the next few weeks. Thanks for the input!

Old 08-17-2011, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaC View Post
We went with Sir Grout and the floors look very good. Pricey, but I'm waiting to find out what happens when we spill something to see if what they said would happen, does. Three step process and 4.5 hours work. Seemed very professional. I'll keep folks updated over the next few weeks. Thanks for the input!
You have the big jug of dilutable liquid to mix up and spray on the floor to clean it and to keep in a spray bottle for spills and accidents?

Old 08-20-2011, 11:09 AM

413 posts, read 828,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaC View Post
You say pricey, how much did it figure per sq. ft.

Thanks
Dave

Old 08-20-2011, 03:11 PM

It was just under $1.00 per square foot, but my grout was VERY dirty after 3 years with tenants. They also took care of the master shower floor. So far, so good. The major factor for us was that we simply couldn't do it ourselves and what you rent at the store to do it is nowhere near the equipment that these guys use. The proof will be in the next few months and how easy (or not) it is to clean. They do NOT recommend any kind of chemicals on the floor. Just water and, if you have a steam cleaner, that's great. I have a Bissel cleaner and I will be using that.

Old 08-21-2011, 11:20 AM

1,580 posts, read 3,142,555 times
get some muratic acid at the pool store. cleans it up perfect. make sure its well ventilated and dont get in your eyes. rinse or mop with clean water well. the acid gets off mold and dirt.

Old 08-23-2011, 07:55 PM

5,589 posts, read 8,405,261 times
Ughhh, I hate dirty grout. The last place I had with white grout on the floor, I vacuumed instead of sweeping because I knew eventually the grout would get dark. In CA, where I lived for two years, for some reason tile counters are very popular. My CA condo had WHITE tile counters with WHITE grout. I would not even dare to pour a cup of coffee unless I held it over the sink. I am re-doing my kitchen now (in PA) and am putting in a dark tile with a dark grout so I don't have to worry about it. Hope your newly-clean grout stays that way!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area