U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 08:27 PM

89 posts, read 94,381 times

Advertisements

Bank makes foreclosure offer she can't refuse | HeraldTribune.com
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2011, 06:55 AM

1,580 posts, read 2,923,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorothyfromKansas View Post
and your point is?

Old 08-01-2011, 07:42 AM

6,103 posts, read 14,089,875 times
Quote:
I'll bet a lot of banks have all reached a similar conclusion, and are holding a ton of properties back with a paper trail that just doesn't hold up. With all the sales of these floundering banks, the MER mess and general lack of professional over-sight, the proper paperwork is probabaly in a warehouse somewhere and no one can find it - or it is screwed up by one of a thousand other ways.

Resale of the property is going to get the current defaulted owner out, get fresh paperwork all signed-up, and likely end 99.9% of the issues going forward by doing so. It cleans up the banks books (which they really need - holding and tracking that boondoggle is a nightmare), and they end up with about what they would in a foreclosure sale anyway, and they push it off on the (now) seller (who is motivated) to do it.
After all, Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac are gonna take the real hit - who cares about them - right? As long as Chase and the other banks spin it like they are doing a great do-gooder thing, and put a positive spin on it.

I know, I know - it needs to happen anyway - but there are other things to consider - the banks aren't just being nice guys and victims here - just keeping it real.

Old 08-01-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
I'll bet a lot of banks have all reached a similar conclusion, and are holding a ton of properties back with a paper trail that just doesn't hold up. With all the sales of these floundering banks, the MER mess and general lack of professional over-sight, the proper paperwork is probabaly in a warehouse somewhere and no one can find it - or it is screwed up by one of a thousand other ways.

Resale of the property is going to get the current defaulted owner out, get fresh paperwork all signed-up, and likely end 99.9% of the issues going forward by doing so. It cleans up the banks books (which they really need - holding and tracking that boondoggle is a nightmare), and they end up with about what they would in a foreclosure sale anyway, and they push it off on the (now) seller (who is motivated) to do it.
After all, Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac are gonna take the real hit - who cares about them - right? As long as Chase and the other banks spin it like they are doing a great do-gooder thing, and put a positive spin on it.

I know, I know - it needs to happen anyway - but there are other things to consider - the banks aren't just being nice guys and victims here - just keeping it real.
That almost seemed to good to be true. I think if the people that get these offers with the help of real estate agents can line up buyers it is a win win.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:29 AM

6,103 posts, read 14,089,875 times
Quote:
That almost seemed to good to be true. I think if the people that get these offers with the help of real estate agents can line up buyers it is a win win.
I was talking to a friend of mine that just went through a short sale. He said that they BoA did the exact same thing with him. Wouldn't let him buy the house either or refinance it. They dictated what he was to sell the house for including the listing amount, and gave him $3000.00 at closing. He said they also cleared the blemish on his credit as well. So it seems like the amount of cash at closing is the only variance with what the banks are doing now. They will pay more to those that have really messed up paper work. Maybe that should be a clue that she might prevail in staying in the house longer - if they can't provide the proper paperwork maybe she could stay there scott-free for a long long time.

Old 08-01-2011, 01:14 PM

1,464 posts, read 1,678,958 times
Seems pretty unfair when you have people killing themselves to pay their mortgage on time, working 3 jobs, living on mac and cheese. Kudos to the character of these people and their values, because otherwise, what's the incentive not to just walk?

Old 08-01-2011, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiggy View Post
Seems pretty unfair when you have people killing themselves to pay their mortgage on time, working 3 jobs, living on mac and cheese. Kudos to the character of these people and their values, because otherwise, what's the incentive not to just walk?
I agree with you fully.

I have an issue with some of the mortgage bankers that let people get in those situations and do like the idea of getting them out of it without harming a neighborhood if possible.

Old 08-01-2011, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiggy View Post
there are alot of people that bust their ass to get ahead and can never manage while next door they are getting all the hand outs and sleep till noon. that is the spread the wealth philosophy. everyone thinks that it is someone elses money that is supporting them and taking care of their mortgage. not fare at all.

Old 08-01-2011, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinoutofjersey View Post
there are alot of people that bust their ass to get ahead and can never manage while next door they are getting all the hand outs and sleep till noon. that is the spread the wealth philosophy. everyone thinks that it is someone elses money that is supporting them and taking care of their mortgage. not fare at all.
Agree, so how can it be stopped once and for all?

That easy mortgage money cycle we went thu is still killing the economy. If you could sign your name you were approved for 110% loans

Old 08-02-2011, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Agree, so how can it be stopped once and for all?

That easy mortgage money cycle we went thu is still killing the economy. If you could sign your name you were approved for 110% loans
i could explain it to you but that would mean bashing frank and dodd to name a few. this would go political and violate the terms and conditions of the board and have liberal, progressives in tears.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area