Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 01:47 PM

125 posts, read 194,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ess.ess.ess.esq. View Post
Hi. My answer is about folks who move to Sarasota, not lifelong residents. With a community that has so many transients, that is folks who moved there, a question is 'what type of person wants to pull up stakes, leave behind all their relatives, friends, the neighborhood they grew up in, and everything else, in order to start all over again?" The answer is, and this is a generalization to be sure---that type of persons tend to be very self-focused, put their own goals first, and want to create their own little world, away from family, friends, and their roots. CONSEQUENTLY, such people tend to socialize with others only on a surface, superficial level, and do not want close friendships with neighbors, co-workers, etc.. You will NOT find the close-knit small-town feel that you'd have in an Ohio farm community where your neighbors' grandparents went to grade school with your own grandparents, and your family came to Ohio in 1811, as mine did, and bought a farm to keep down through the generations. this is NOT meant as a 'criticism' of Sarasota, but you should be aware of the type of personality that will leave everything behind in order to relocate far away and create their own little world. Its not a criticism, just an observation. This also leads to something of an attitude that "Sarasota IS SPECIAL, IT IS Paradise....because I live there!" You don't find this type of rather arrogant conceit in, say, Cleveland...
What a load of rubbish you spout! I'd use a stronger word but it wouldn't be ladylike.. what on earth do you know about people who move around to live, have you never heard of jobs etc. I've lived in many countries, from the Far East, around the Middle East and even India. In every place I have made friends even though there was sometimes a language problem as I only spoke English. I'm still in touch with some of those people many years later. As for Florida, on my many visits there I have found nothing but friendliness from Floridians and open armed welcome. People smile at me and chat and that is definately around the area of Sarasota which you seem to dislike so much. I wonder why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 01:08 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,885,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth.emm View Post
What a load of rubbish you spout! I'd use a stronger word but it wouldn't be ladylike.. what on earth do you know about people who move around to live, have you never heard of jobs etc. I've lived in many countries, from the Far East, around the Middle East and even India. In every place I have made friends even though there was sometimes a language problem as I only spoke English. I'm still in touch with some of those people many years later. As for Florida, on my many visits there I have found nothing but friendliness from Floridians and open armed welcome. People smile at me and chat and that is definately around the area of Sarasota which you seem to dislike so much. I wonder why?
She's making me leery of visiting Cleveland!!!

Old 08-31-2011, 01:17 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.cool View Post
People visit Cleveland???

Old 08-31-2011, 02:14 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,343,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
People visit Cleveland???
Why would anyone visit Cleveland, a place where the average temperature is negative nine degrees for eleven months out of the year and is overrun with, uh, kimodo dragons, when they already live in HEAVEN, the PARADISE of Sarasota, Florida, "Happiness Capitol of the World," as I call it.

The other day, beautiful bikini ladies were giving out bags of cash and diamonds at the court house. There was a quadruple rainbow overhead, and "I'm On Top Of The World" was playing from some unseen loudspeakers.

Then I flew, ACTUALLY FLEW to the beach, where it was even nicer.

Everyone should move here.

Old 08-31-2011, 02:27 PM

24 posts, read 19,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ess.ess.ess.esq. View Post
Hi. My answer is about folks who move to Sarasota, not lifelong residents. With a community that has so many transients, that is folks who moved there, a question is 'what type of person wants to pull up stakes, leave behind all their relatives, friends, the neighborhood they grew up in, and everything else, in order to start all over again?" The answer is, and this is a generalization to be sure---that type of persons tend to be very self-focused, put their own goals first, and want to create their own little world, away from family, friends, and their roots. CONSEQUENTLY, such people tend to socialize with others only on a surface, superficial level, and do not want close friendships with neighbors, co-workers, etc.. You will NOT find the close-knit small-town feel that you'd have in an Ohio farm community where your neighbors' grandparents went to grade school with your own grandparents, and your family came to Ohio in 1811, as mine did, and bought a farm to keep down through the generations. this is NOT meant as a 'criticism' of Sarasota, but you should be aware of the type of personality that will leave everything behind in order to relocate far away and create their own little world. Its not a criticism, just an observation. This also leads to something of an attitude that "Sarasota IS SPECIAL, IT IS Paradise....because I live there!" You don't find this type of rather arrogant conceit in, say, Cleveland...

There you go again with your outright lies and distortion, so sad that you are my cousin. Your mother would be ashamed of you if she saw what you post here.

Old 08-31-2011, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.cool View Post
Why is that? I don't even know where Cleveland is. Had never heard of it until you mentioned it. Fill me in on the details, as long as it is hot and sunny I'm all for it. I can give you all the details of England (and our rotten weather) can even detail the Republic of Ireland (I was born there). One American friend didn't even realise that Ireland was further away from England than France, how about that? You have now learned something.
How great these threads are, I love them and the people (well, most of them) who post on here' Most of all I love America and in particular Florida, the people and weather are all great, can't wait for my next visit in a few weeks time. God Bless America!

Old 08-31-2011, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
Why would anyone visit Cleveland, a place where the average temperature is negative nine degrees for eleven months out of the year and is overrun with, uh, kimodo dragons, when they already live in HEAVEN, the PARADISE of Sarasota, Florida, "Happiness Capitol of the World," as I call it.

The other day, beautiful bikini ladies were giving out bags of cash and diamonds at the court house. There was a quadruple rainbow overhead, and "I'm On Top Of The World" was playing from some unseen loudspeakers.

Then I flew, ACTUALLY FLEW to the beach, where it was even nicer.

Everyone should move here.
I agree with you so much, you're a man after my own heart!

Old 08-31-2011, 03:36 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,677,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imwithstupid View Post
There you go again with your outright lies and distortion, so sad that you are my cousin. Your mother would be ashamed of you if she saw what you post here.
You know, I thought you we're kidding when you said this was your relative. My apologies & I'm glad your cousin's negativity doesn't affect you

*and boy does esq. have issues!

Old 08-31-2011, 03:42 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,371,973 times
Cleveland is also known as "The Mistake on the Lake".............

Old 08-31-2011, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nphomeowner View Post
Cleveland is also known as "The Mistake on the Lake".............
I wonder why Mrs.Cool thought that I came from there? Very puzzling but interesting too . Actually I'm quite interested in hearing about Cleveland now, anyone want to fill me in on the details? How far is it from Florida, I'm there for five weeks, would I have time to visit? I'd like to know why some complete stranger thought I came from there I'm really interested in the way that peoples minds work! Tell me Mrs. Cool. why did you think that I cam from Cleveland? Don't be shy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area