Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2011, 05:48 AM

1,580 posts, read 3,142,555 times

Advertisements

for the events in englewood this weekend see.....The Parade they have a fun parade and street fair on monday, went to it last year. good place to take the kids. there is a cardboard boat race sat morning. have not been to that but might try and make it tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2011, 07:06 AM

1,581 posts, read 3,373,994 times
We are planning on going maybe Sunday. Looks like something fun to check out.

Old 09-03-2011, 11:17 AM

We went to the Pioneer Days in Englewood this morning. There really wasn't much going on. The people in the shops were friendly but nothing out of the ordinary. Mostly antique shops and not my cup of tea. I guess I expected some street vendors and such but there was really nothing going on. At least the weather is nice!

Old 09-03-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nphomeowner View Post
We went to the Pioneer Days in Englewood this morning. There really wasn't much going on. The people in the shops were friendly but nothing out of the ordinary. Mostly antique shops and not my cup of tea. I guess I expected some street vendors and such but there was really nothing going on. At least the weather is nice!
didnt make it down there for it, but there was a cardboard boat race that i am told is fun to watch.

monday there is a parade and there are street vendors set up in an open area on the water or west end of dearborn. the vendors are open at 9 and the parade is at 10.

there is a street craft fair in venice on miami ave today and tomorrow. not huge but its something. also the stores along miami and venice aves are open

also tonight from 4 to 8 there is cruizin on dearborn. in case you have not been to it, there are old cars parked up and down dearborn. restaurants are open and the bars have plenty of cold ones. you can grab one to drink as you walk around. have not been hassled for it (open container).

Old 09-03-2011, 03:34 PM

We were there before noon. No street vendors to be seen. Guess we went the wrong day.

Old 09-03-2011, 06:14 PM

1,464 posts, read 1,842,191 times
Does Dearborn Street come alive in season? We were there last week to set up our house, and it really seemed quite bare. How much more lively is it during the fall/winter/spring?

Old 09-03-2011, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiggy View Post
Does Dearborn Street come alive in season? We were there last week to set up our house, and it really seemed quite bare. How much more lively is it during the fall/winter/spring?
we went down for the cruizin night earlier and it was dead. maybe there were 25 cars. come nov it is wall to wall. nice thing about now is you can easily get into the restaurants down there.

dearborn street needs something to attract people. dont know what its missing. they are trying.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:49 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiggy View Post
They have some fall/winter/spring art fairs on Dearborn and they bring in a lot of vendors and a lot of patrons. Those events are very nice and usually are on a Sat and Sun.

There are a few restaurants on Dearborn that have been around awhile and are very good and locals go there..

There is a nice cafe called Mango Bistro. They are very good. Every time I have been there, the place has been packed, but never enough where you are stuck waiting long.

La Stanza is an Italian restaurant that is very good.

There is the Mexican restaurant but I forgot the name. They are directly on Dearborn, across from the old hardware store, a block or two from the bay. They used to be packed all the time. But they kept raising their prices and now they are not as packed. They also sometimes decide to close for the day or for a week or half a day and this is a big hassle when you specifically go there for a meal, only the find a note on the door that they are closed today. This occurred one time too many for us so we stopped going there.

Since it is summer, your are not going to see folks walking the streets much...it's just too hot for now. You will see more folks out and about in the fall/winter/spring, but it is not a hot spot of activity. It is very small townish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area