Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2011, 11:41 AM

398 posts, read 822,215 times

Advertisements

I would like a nice peaceful picture of Siesta Key Beach.

The ones we took a couple of months are garbage. I just want one that I can print out a 4x6 or 5x7 so I am reminded of what we are missing when we aren't there.

All of the downloadable ones I've seen online print out to small at Costco.

If you have please email me at --------------> FLSnowbirds@LIVE.COM

Thanks bunches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 02:50 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,678,432 times
Google Siesta Key Beach & click the images tab. Plenty for you to choose from. Some will print smaller but I'm sure you can find something larger to save to file.

Old 10-27-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixiStix View Post
Google Siesta Key Beach & click the images tab. Plenty for you to choose from. Some will print smaller but I'm sure you can find something larger to save to file.
I've honestly done that with dozens of pictures and when I go to print them, it says resolution to small. I want a nice 5x7 or even a 4x6.

Thanks

Old 10-27-2011, 03:11 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,344,184 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/saras...-pictures.html

Old 10-28-2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
Thanks for the lead went thru 38 pages of posts/pics, still looking for a daytime-blue sky sunshine of Siesta Key Beach.

Old 10-28-2011, 04:20 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,344,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLSnowbirds View Post
Thanks for the lead went thru 38 pages of posts/pics, still looking for a daytime-blue sky sunshine of Siesta Key Beach.
Jeez, I assumed there would be one there.

<sigh> As Felix Unger once said, when you assume...

Anyway, I am pretty sure you can find something pretty easily.

Old 10-30-2011, 05:53 PM

419 posts, read 906,948 times
My sister just looked at the beach scene above and said, "That could be any beach, how would you know?"...and I said, "No, there are only a few beaches in the world with sand that white."

...and Siesta Key is one of the few. :-)

Old 10-30-2011, 10:32 PM

5,589 posts, read 8,402,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucerby View Post
My sister just looked at the beach scene above and said, "That could be any beach, how would you know?"...and I said, "No, there are only a few beaches in the world with sand that white."

...and Siesta Key is one of the few. :-)
Well, I figured it was somewhere in the Gulf -- that white sand is pretty identifiable, along with the "drop-off" to the water. But I thought it looked awfully desolate to be Siesta Key. When I was there, there were 8 million people including college kids doing shots from an ice luge. Are there areas of Siesta Key that would have only three or four people on it, in an obviously warm time of year?

Old 10-30-2011, 10:42 PM

5,589 posts, read 8,402,263 times
I remember all the news stories about the oil leak in the Gulf. One of the reports had a white-sand beach in the background....I knew instantly it was a FL beach, and indeed it was Pensacola. The problem is, I am so spoiled by all those white beaches (my favorite is Anna Maria Island), that "other" beaches seem to look, sorta, dirty in comparison.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:44 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,121,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
I remember all the news stories about the oil leak in the Gulf. One of the reports had a white-sand beach in the background....I knew instantly it was a FL beach, and indeed it was Pensacola. The problem is, I am so spoiled by all those white beaches (my favorite is Anna Maria Island), that "other" beaches seem to look, sorta, dirty in comparison.
That's how I feel, Avalon! Totally spoiled by the snowy white sand here. We lived here in the 90s and moved away for 12 years. When we came back it was like I was seeing them for the first time! All the white beaches here on the Gulf coast are so incredible. I just don't like the Atlantic or Pacific beaches in comparison - plus so many other beaches are so hard and rocky. So lucky to live here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area