Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2011, 04:10 PM

398 posts, read 822,395 times

Advertisements

I need someone good & reasonably priced, to strip wallpaper & paint. If anyone knows of someone, please post if allowed, or private message me, if not allowed. This forum has been a wonderful resource fo me. Thank you everybody !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2011, 08:48 PM

4,619 posts, read 7,539,060 times
What town? Parrish, Ellenton, Bradenton, Sarasota, Venice, North Port? I know someone in Sarasota that does really nice work but he's not one for traveling too far for a job.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Rules View Post
What town? Parrish, Ellenton, Bradenton, Sarasota, Venice, North Port? I know someone in Sarasota that does really nice work but he's not one for traveling too far for a job.
Sorry, I forgot to include: Sarasota

Thanks again to anyone who can provide a name.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:21 AM

1,580 posts, read 3,142,555 times
it is actually pretty easy to strip wallpaper. they make a tool that you roll around to score just the paper and then with a little water and a scraper it comes right off.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinoutofjersey View Post
it is actually pretty easy to strip wallpaper. they make a tool that you roll around to score just the paper and then with a little water and a scraper it comes right off.
I did a lot of it it when I was younger. Now I have arthritis in my hands and COPD so it wouldn't be smart for me to strip wallpapeer and/or paint at this point in my life.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:47 AM

1,580 posts, read 3,142,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLSnowbirds View Post
I did a lot of it it when I was younger. Now I have arthritis in my hands and COPD so it wouldn't be smart for me to strip wallpapeer and/or paint at this point in my life.
i can understand that, i thought maybe you didnt know how and were afraid to tackle it.

just be careful who you hire. make sure they have insurance, get a copy and call the office where they got it to verify. they fall off a ladder youve got a big problem.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinoutofjersey View Post
i can understand that, i thought maybe you didnt know how and were afraid to tackle it.

just be careful who you hire. make sure they have insurance, get a copy and call the office where they got it to verify. they fall off a ladder youve got a big problem.
Great advice ! Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area