U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2011, 09:59 AM

6 posts, read 15,649 times

Advertisements

My wife and I just returned from our home search in Florida. We are looking for a vaction home.
We covered Parish, Bradenton, Sarasota, Venice, North Port, Engleiwood, Cape Coral, Rotonda West. In the end we decided the Bradenton area looked like the best fit for us. Our intention was a resale home but in looking at some of the prices being offered on new it has us second guessing ourselves? We particulary liked the River Strand development. Any additional information we could gather from members on this board would be greatly appreciated
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2011, 10:33 AM

3,979 posts, read 9,846,717 times
There are condos and single family homes for sale in River Strand. Are you specifically looking for a single family home? Here are the current single family home listings in that development. You can also have a new home built.

Bradenton? River Strand?-river-strand.jpg

The homes in River Strand are built by Lennar. Here is the web link: http://www.lennar.com/New-Homes/Florida/Sarasota-Manatee/Bradenton/River-Strand/Classic-Homes

Also, here is the web link to the golf course: http://www.riverstrand.com/

The Country Club has a 27-hole Championship Golf Course designed by Arthur Hills, it has 8 Har-Tru Lighted Tennis Courts, Tuscan-Inspired 39,000 sq ft Clubhouse, State of the Art Fitness Center, Resort Style and Resistance Exercise Pools, Fine Dining, Billiards and Card Rooms. River Strand is a prime riverfront community with easy access to I-75, historic downtown Bradenton, Sarasota, and Tampa. It is conveniently located close to shopping and dining. It is a perfect community for retirement, a first time home buyer, or a second home purchase.

Old 11-18-2011, 04:12 PM

29 posts, read 50,885 times
We live in Parrish but my husband golfs there often. He and his golfing buddies love the course. We want to go there for dinner but haven't yet. I've toured the model and neighborhood and it looks beautiful. Sounds perfect for a vacation home since they do all the maintenance. Just stay west on 64 and it puts you right at our favorite beach on Anna Maria Island in less than half an hour. Best of luck with whatever you decide.

Old 11-18-2011, 08:54 PM

4,115 posts, read 6,298,927 times
I personally like Heritage Harbour and especially River Strand. Lennar has almost sold out on the classic homes (high $200's) in the section currently under development, but they do have some estate homes ($400's) still available. There's another section that's yet to be started. The clubhouse is beautiful and the amenities first rate. You have the standard things such as a fitness center (state of the art equipment), both lagoon style and lap pools, tennis courts, etc. What I like is the extras you normally don't see, such as the large lake with walking trails around it and the long fishing pier. By the lake is a covered picnic pavilion and a playground area. Stoneybrook at Heritage Harbour offers similar amenities and has a great rec center. I would recommend going over the annual River Strand, Heritage Harbour Master & lawn maintenance fees before buying to make sure you understand the total costs per year. The on site reps tend to gloss over that point.

If you're looking into country club communities, did you see Belleisle, Country Club East in Lakewood Ranch? It's a Neal Communities golfing community with prices and construction similar to River Strand. They are currently offering a gold membership level in the Lakewood Ranch Country Club to new home buyers, but it's not mandatory. The country club dues run approximately $290 per month for a family if you go with the gold membership. The Lakewood Ranch Country Club (just west of CC East) is larger than River Strand's clubhouse and offers everything River Strand has to offer plus more, including locker rooms and a ballroom. Country Club East is gated (guard) with a community pool and grounds maintenance included in the HOA fees.

As to other (non country club) new construction options in south Manatee county, there are 2 brand new subdivisions that you may not have heard abour as yet. Both now have models available and will have some spec homes completed by December and/or January.

The first is Woodhaven on Lockwood Ridge Road at Honore. There will be a community pool and playground and it will be gated (electronic). Currently upcoming inventory ranges from $219k to $236k for a 3 bedroom, 2 - 2/5 bath home with den (without a private pool). The developer is Neal Communities, same as Country Club East in Lakewood Ranch.

The second new community is on Honore, just north of University Place. It's called Riva Trace and the developer is Medallion Homes. The community is limited to just 86 homes, many will be river front lots on the Braden River. Home sizes will range from 1673 sq ft to 2459 sq ft living space and base home prices from $275k to $385k in this gated community.

Both of these communities are considered to be the the Mote Ranch - University Parkway area, just over the county line from Sarasota. It's a growing area of southern Manatee county, close to several shopping centers along University Parkway, including the Sarasota outlet mall and the soon to be built Benderson mall.

Last edited by Sunshine Rules; 11-18-2011 at 09:03 PM..

Old 11-20-2011, 08:48 AM

386 posts, read 965,575 times
We live inHeritage Harbour and it has some great deals now. Not new homes, but circa 2006 and thereabouts. It is adjacent to River Strand. HH has a clubhouse, pool, rec center, etc. but IMO River Strand is more "posh". RS includes a golf membership with the purchase of a home, but I don't know details. My husband is an avid golfer and he prefers to be a free agent and play at various courses.

Old 11-20-2011, 06:32 PM

641 posts, read 1,390,734 times
I like River Strand, but am not a golfer so don't know if I can justify payiing all the extra fees to buy there. They add up to SIGNFICANTLY more than HH and some other communities. I think if you're a golfer and use the course a lot, that probably offsets the fees, and it is a very nice place.

Personally my priority is to to live near some good tennis facilities rather than the golf, and I like the fact that River Strand has clay courts. How much they are used and how extensive the interest is there is unknown though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area